9 +

This chapter will be in 3rd person so we can reflect on both of their feelings.
Normal means they're talking in chinese .

///

3rd Person POV...

Dong Sicheng was never one to be late. He would also be dead serious when telling someone to meet him at that certain time. Sharp. He never even missed a second. It was like he teleported there, out of sight then all of a sudden appears.

The clock strikes 4 o'clock (tae and rm) and as Hayoon turned around, she was immediately enveloped into skinny, but tight arms. Her face got buried into someone's chest that smelled of fresh spice.

It was Sicheng's signature scent.

Hayoon immediately wrapped her pale arms around his back and hugged him tight. Her face filled up with tears and she cried again. She thought she was a blubbering baby by crying so much, but she couldn't help it.

To reuniting with her childhood best friend to seeing her love loving someone else, it's been a long day for her.

'You're here, this isn't a dream...' Hayoon managed to whisper through her tears, as Sicheng caressed her hair comfortingly.

'It's been so long.' He replies, and she could've sworn that his voice was equivalent to honey. Hearing it again was like smelling a fresh flower in a dead field.

'You don't know how much I've missed you. Where have you been?' Hayoon says, finally pulling away and wiping her tears with her bright sleeve.

'I've been living in China, with two roommates. I'm sorry I couldn't keep in touch, but I overheard your name from one of my roommate's friends and I couldn't resist not getting your number.' He explains sincerely and she smiles widely at him.

Little did she know, that his heart rate increased when she smiled at him like that. Some old feelings never change.

'It feels like a dream, you know?' She breathes out slowly, Sicheng nodding in agreement.

They slowly started to walk out of the park, making their way past the cafe. They walked anywhere, their feet just taking them to wherever.

'So, how have you been?' Sicheng asks her, curious to how his best friend has been after all these years.

Hayoon suddenly had flashbacks of what she had witnessed earlier, and she smiled sadly. But she didn't let that get her down, nothing would. Not when she was with Sicheng for the first time in years. So she just explained calmly about how she was good friends with Mark, how she met Yugyeom, and her crush for him.

'But he never told me he had a girlfriend. Today, though, I saw them across the street from the park when I was waiting for you. It's okay though, if he's happy, then I'm happy.' She muses, sighing.

Sicheng's heart ached at her words, knowing that she's captured feelings for someone who would never treat her as well as he would treat him. His fists balled up, but he remained cool, just talking about himself and his life as well.