"Why not?" I asked.

"I had a boyfriend. I needed a good reason if I wanted to break up with him but Scott was uncertain. Harry, stop."

"Stop what?" I asked, uncertain about her sudden shift in tone and subject.

"You're kind of squeezing my hand," she said so I let go. She gave me a reassuring smile to let me know it was alright and then she continued, "My parents didn't approve of him either. They said he didn't seem like the type but he was persistent. He texts me a lot, asking me if I got home okay, how was my day, he was very sweet, you know? It took them three years to finally approve of him, and I was twenty-one already."

Scott, her ex boyfriend, according to how Taylor said it seemed like a complete opposite from my personality. I never imagined myself as a person who would be like that but hearing it from Taylor, he sounded like an excellent match for her. So why didn't they end up together?

"What happened to the two of you?" I asked.

"Six -- well, seven or eight months ago," Taylor said, continuing in her gentle, whisper-like voice. "I didn't know how I never saw it but over the phone, he told me he wanted to end it. He told me he couldn't continue what we had anymore. I asked him why. And then he told me he has someone else. I tried to confront him but he moved somewhere else after and then things were done."

He. . .has. . .someone. . .else?!

She took a deep breath, another moment of the silence creeping in. I was glad she shared something personal to me, at least I was one step closer to knowing her a lot more.

"But then, after a couple of months being back and forth, I just looked on the bright side. So, I got a new job at a new company and then things kind of got to the events until we're here. Don't mind him."

"Who said I was thinking of him?" I asked.

Taylor slowly sat up, her knees curled near her chest right beside me. She was close, her arm was against mine and she laid her head on my shoulder. "You have that deep-in-thought look in your eyes." She whispered, reaching for my hand and holding it tight.

"I'm not thinking of him," I said. "If I were to do that, all I could still say is he's another idiot who let you go." When Taylor looked up at me, I gave her a half smile.

"Thanks."

"And besides. . ." I turned over slowly, on one knee with my hand sliding on her cheek. I leaned in closely before whispering, "You have me now."

Not a hint of doubt or hesitation, I led my lips to hers. My words were permanent, I cannot take them back because they are the point of no return. Everything we are is uncertain, yet that never seemed to stop me from saying things and leaving promises. Maybe because when it comes to love and relationships, I've got nothing to be afraid of. . . I've got nothing to lose. I know what it feels like to be heartbroken, I know what if feels like to do the heartbreaking, I know the sides of love relationships. . . I got nothing thereafter.

She pulled away, staring at my eyes as if trying to search for something, a lie, a hint of insencerity, maybe a joke, but I know my eyes never painted any of those as I don't have them.

"Harry. . ."

"No pressure, love." I kissed her on the forehead. "I'm not a replacement but I'll be here if you need me."

I almost stood up but she held onto my hand, "Don't leave."

Somehow, that easily stopped me.

"I just want you here. Don't leave."