Chapter 14

Erin's POV:

Chapter 14-

Many people stand around me, I feel a smile coming on but my face seizes. I look around and stare at one mans face. He notices my eyes have opened and relief floods his face, he leans down and hugs me. I lie there waiting for it to be over so I can ask who he is.

He releases, "Um, hello. Who are you? I think you're in the wrong room." His smile fades and terror clouds his eyes.

"Erin, Er Bear, it's me, dad." I study his face then it clicks, the face registers but I can't find a name.

"You look familiar, but your name, I don't know your name." Tears start to weld up around the corner of his eyes. Guilt fills me up but I don't know why, I don't know this man.

"Erin, please, it's not funny. Please!" he starts to scare me and I frantically look around for another adult or anyone who can help me. I see no one, "Erin! I've already lost your mother! Please don't do this to me!" He searches my eyes and I look away from his.

"Look sir, I'm sorry for your loss, but I don't think I'm your daughter." I try to think of any memories with this man, but soon even the familiarity of his face begins to fade, I don't not know this man, and he definitely is not my father.

He eventually gives up and leaves, I hear him weeping outside the door and the guilt increases. He calls someone and luckily a doctor comes in before the man is done with his call.

"Hello, Erin, what's got your dad so upset?" I freeze.

"Excuse me?" his smile goes away too.

"The man outside, your father, he's crying like a little girl, why?" He waits for my response, it takes me a while to respond.

"He's not my father, my father is-" I stop and think, but I can't remember, "my father is not outside the door I know that, but who is my father? I'm sort of blanking on the name." I lie.

"Your fathers name is Gregory Liken." He turns around, walks away from me then opens the door and sticks his head out, he has a brief conversation with the man outside and they both come back in. The man comes up to me and shows me his drivers license, it reads: Gregory Joseph Liken. I look at him, I try again to come up with any memories of this man, but the only thing I can remember is him leaving the room and weeping outside and then he called someone.

"I'm so sorry, but I still don't know who you are Gregory, but um, who did you call just now?"

"Your boyfriend Justin Caylen." He walks out after that and the doctor follows. I am left alone thinking about what just happened and who this Justin Caylen is. I don't know what he looks like or sounds like I don't know who he is either, but I remember one thing, I love him.

I think back to the recent events in the hospital. This mysterious man, claiming to be my father who must have forged my own fathers license. However even the doctor recognized him as my father, and they can't tell lies, I think. Then there's this Justin Caylen guy, I think I'll call him Jc because saying Justin Caylen just takes a lot of effort. So Jc, he's my "boyfriend" and I think that's true because I got butterflies in my stomach when Gregory said his name. I also remembered that I love him and that's not something you remember about just anyone.