Chapter 6

CAYLEN'S POV:
Chapter 6-

She stood there, hands in her pockets, her hair tucked behind one ear while rest goes wild on the other side. She is so beautiful. She has dimples that I have been in love with since I met her. We lock eyes and I never want to stop staring into them. They are baby blue, with flecks of gray that make me want to go back to those parks and kiss her back. I want her to love me so much, but I honestly don't know how she could after the way I've treated her. I've basically kicked her out of my life and replaced her with Grace.

Grace means absolutely nothing to me, but if I didn't get a girlfriend my dad wouldn't have believed me when I told him that I didn't have feelings for Erin.

I don't know why she came, she should hate me, but she doesn't, otherwise she wouldn't be here.

I clear my throat and offer her a beer.

"Um, no thanks," she gives me this look, as I remember that her mom was an alcoholic before she killed herself. After that she silently vowed to herself that she would never drink. Stupid! I thought to myself. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

"Oh, okay," I say awkwardly "Lets go downstairs." Erin, Kian and Andrea and I all go downstairs. With Kian breaking beers and Erin's beauty I didn't even realized Andrea was with us.

We enter the basement where everyone else was already socializing. They were indulging in high school gossip and a bag of chips.

Apparently Sam's friends Joe was cheating on his girlfriend, but Joe's girlfriend was also cheating on him, so they broke up and went off with the people they were cheating on each other with. What has happened to the world?

We add ourselves into the social circle they have created. I take a seat next to Connor and Ricky, but then Erin quickly puts herself in between me and Connor. I awkwardly scoot over. The next thing I know Kian brings out a bottle and the party/torture begins.

Spin the bottle was the last thing I wanted to do... In the world. With my luck the first time I spin I'm sure to land on Erin. Kian spun first and it landed on Sam. He spun again and it landed on Erin.

There was not one part in my body that wasn't jealous. I was just hoping that it didn't show on my face. Of course it did the minute after they kissed. I wouldn't even call it a kiss more like a gentle touch of two lips on each other, except without the touch. My face flooded with a mix of embarrassment and jealously that I couldn't explain. I couldn't see myself but I knew I was bright red. I excused myself to the bathroom so that nobody would notice.

I don't know what happened when I was in the bathroom, but I'm pretty sure they were talking about me. I heard my name in the random mumbles outside the bathroom door. The scary part was that I also heard Erin's name thrown in there. I don't know what they said about her, and whether it had to do with the conversation about me. I came out after I was too curious. Of course they stopped talking the moment I came out so it basically confirmed my suspicions about their conversation.

I could tell they hadn't kept playing without because the bottle was still pointed toward Erin. It was Erin's turn to spin and half me wanted it to land on me so I could kiss her, and so no one else would. But I didn't want it to land on me because what if I show that I'm seriously enjoying it, and they realize that we like each other.

Within the one and a half seconds the bottle was spinning, my heart was pumping faster than ever and my head was spinning faster than ever, as a million questions floated around in my head. What would I do if it did land on me? What would I do if it didn't? Would I leave again? My questions were answered in the next seven seconds it took to position myself, lean in, and kiss the girl of my dreams.