Chapter 12

Erin's POV:

Chapter 12-

I wake up soon after I black out. I can tell because the look has not faded from Caylen's face. A flood of relief washes over his face as soon as he sees my eyes fludder open. The doctor comes rushing in and I slowly get up. Everyone in the room tells me to stop getting up, I stop moving and l rest my head against the bed. "Are you sure this is a minor concussion doc?" Caylen asks as his eyes stay on me.

"No, not anymore. After we take a look at that shoulder we'll do a more intense check on it, make sure any severe brain damage hasn't occured." I know Caylen is just making sure that I'm alright, but I feel perfectly fine. I think the doctor just wants more money from my father. I'll get my shoulder checked out but no more tests after that.

"No." I say firmly. "I'll let you check out my shoulder, but my head is fine. My father can't afford it anyway. It was just a head rush, I've been sitting down for a while, just got up too quickly that's all."

"Erin, you blacked out, you don't black out when you get a head rush." Caylen sounded so concerned, he cared so much. All I wanted to do was hold his hand and kiss him again. But I had a point to prove and kissing him wouldn't help.

"I didn't black out," I lie, I feel so bad and I don't even know why I did it, but I see no reason to spend more money. "I just got dissy and fell for a second, like I said a head rush." Caylen has a confused look I look down in an attempt to hide my guilt.

The doctor breaks the short silence and I mentally thank him for talking before it started to get too long. "Well if that's all it was then we can take an x-ray and you can go home." He motioned me to follow him, I did and left Caylen in my room with the nurse.

The x-ray doesn't take long, I feactured my shoulder so the doctor gives me a sling and tells me to stay home for the next three days and not to put any strain on my shoulder. I nod my head and he sends me on my way. I text my dad and tell him Caylen is taking me home. We get in the car and I can feel the tension.

"You know it wouldn't have hurt to check."

"Check what?" I say, trying to derail the subject.

"Jee I don't know, maybe to check and see if you have any signs of brain damage." I can tell he's annoyed. It shows plenty in his voice and it feels like he is staring into my soul.

"I'm sorry okay, I just wanted to go home, and I know I'm fine. Besides I just saved my dad, like $75."

"Whatever." I can tell he's upset with me, but he puts it out for now and we listen to the radio the whole way home.

He drops me off at my house, I give him a quick peck on the cheek and he drives off without making sure I get in the house okay. Yup, he's upset. I pull out my keys and unlock the door. My father greets me and I tell him what happened. I omit the part about the fainting, he kisses my forehead, tells me he loves and goes off to bed. He explains how he has a long day tomorrow as he walks away and I get going on my homework.

I don't do much homework I get a terrible headache almost immediately. The night goes quickly and soon enough my head hits the pillow and I go out like a light.

I wake up with a pounding headache and a dry mouth. I slowly raise my head off the pillow and immediatley get a head rush. I go slower and the dissiness fades until I'm sitting up straight. I pick up the glass of water on my night stand and replenish my mouth. I spend another minute standing up.

I open my door and find a note at my feet: Good morning sunshine, left eggs and hash browns on the kitchen table (I know its your favorite ;)) I had to leave a little early this morning for work, be back late too. Love ya, Dad. Really? Eggs and hash browns are my favorite, I scratch my head with my good arm and put it out of my mind. I'm about to lean down to pick up the note until I think better of it and go find some asprin.

I find one and wash it down with another shot of water. I slowly head downstairs and I'm not suprised to find eggs and hash browns. I sit down a little too quickly and wait for the dissy to go away. It does and I dig into my breakfast. I finish very quickly and I can see why dad said this breakfast was my favorite. I hear a knock on the door and curse whoever it is for making me get up. I open the door and find two strangers and a not so welcome classmate.

I ask who they are, but I could pretty quickly guess that they were Grace's parents by the way she was squished between them and their faces that plead; please don't sue me. They introduced themselved as Mister and Misses Cance and I welcomed them inside. They said thank you and handed me cookies, I saw them in Mrs. Cance's hands when she first came to the door, I accepted them without saying thank you. I shut the door behind them, and the sorrys and we don't know what got into her began.

They talked as if they didn't know Grace was sitting right next to them. I continue to say it's alright and I'm getting better. This continued until they said they must leave for work. They left and mentioned how nice it was to meet me. I let them out, took a seat on my couch and started to eat the homemade cookies.

Not much was on TV the whole day except college sports and cartoons. I mostly watched the clock and waited until school was over so I could tell Caylen to get over here. The clock strickes 3:30 and I call him, he answers on the third ring.

"There's my sweetheart, how was your day?"

"Full of bad TV and Grace's parents begging for my forgivness. How about you?" I hear him laugh on the other end.

"Full of bad teachers and the guys begging to hangout after school." I laugh and ask when he's coming over.

"Now." I get excited say goodbye and hangup, a flashback resurfaces and I get taken back. It's the day Grace beat me up. My dad had just dropped me off and I was alone with that tall, creepy nurse. He gave me some shot to numb the pain and I was just lying in my hospital bed. But then I saw Caylen, he came running toward me and I was very confused. He sat down and said: "You must be very confused."

"Did you read my mind?" I responded, not jokingly. He laughed and said no.

"Do you know why grace attacked you?"

"No, I was sitting down and she just came at me like I was steak dinner and she was a starved lion." He laughs but I still had a serious face.

"Well it's because I broke up with her." My eyes bulged and my mouth dropped open.

"W- wh- why?" I clear my throat. "Why would you do that, your dad loved Grace."

"I'm done doing what my dad wants, it's time to do what I want." He leaned in and gaved me a kiss, not like the ones at the park, not like the silly one at his party, but the kind of his you give someone on your wedding day.

The flashback stopped and Caylen knocked on my door, but something was wrong, I had a strange feeling like that flashback was over, and I would never see it again.