Chapter 13

Caylen's POV:

Chapter 13-

She opens the door with a dazed and confused face. My smile slowly turns into a frown, "Hey, hello?" She looks up at me and shakes it off.

"Oh hey, I'm sorry, it's been a long day. Grace's parents came over-" I cut her off.

"Ya I know you called and told me." She got this puzzled look and I suddenly had the same look.

"I did?" She asked, with the look still on her face.

"Ya, you did, are you okay?" I started to get a little worried but then her face brightened and her winning smile showed on her face.

"Oh ya I did, I'm sorry I didn't mean to worry you, I was daydreaming about-" she stopped herself and the look came back, but then it was gone again, "about something, but I do remember the call." She scratched her cheek quite violently and I knew she was lying, we had been friends since fourth grade and when she was lying she always scratched her cheek.

"You're lying, why are you lying?" She looked down and I heard her whimper. I lifted her head and saw tears slowly rolling down her face. I was so confused. Erin? Erin what's wrong, she was avoiding my eyes and I was scared, she was mentally pushing me away and I didn't know why.

"Erin, please talk to me. We could make out if that'll make you feel better." She gave a little chuckle that quickly went away, then the crying stopped and her face went blank. The next part happened so fast I was almost unaware of what was happening around me. She looked at me with pleading eyes as they rolled back into her head, I couldn't see myself but I could tell a look of pure terror was displayed across my face. Erin fell off the couch but I swooped down in time to catch her from falling ,,before her head bashed against tiled floor. I laid her down on the bed and couldn't stop shaking, I froze for a good thirty seconds and couldn't move, sanity came back and I pulled out my phone and called 9-1-1.

"9-1-1 what is your emergency?" She was so calm on the other line, I envied her.

"Hello, my girlfriend just passed out and she's had some past head damage." That sounded weird, but I hoped she just understood what I was saying.

"Okay and what is your address sir?"

"Um, nevermind, I'll take her to the hospital myself." I hung up and lifted her up I'm my arms. I put her in the passenger seat and drove as fast as I could without getting a ticket. It took five minutes to get there compared to the ten it usually does. I picked her up again but she whispers something that's barely audible.

"Caylen..." she talks so quietly I have to put my ear right to her lips, "Caylen I-I can't remember," she pauses.

"Erin, Erin what can't you remember?" she doesn't respond and I run into the hospital. "Somebody please!" I yell, "Come quick!" A nurse comes by with a stretcher and I set her carefully down on it.

"What happened to her?" the nurse calmly asks.

"I don't know, one second she was fine, or somewhat fine and then she just rolled her eyes back into her head and passed out." I wasn't sure how much of it the nurse actually heard, I was hyperventilating and talking really fast, but she nods and takes Erin away. I sit on some uncomfortable chair and think about what just happened. My phone rings and I lose my train of thought.

"Hello?" I say.

"Caylen where the hell are you?!?" It was my dad, I check my watch it reads: 6:23. Holy crap how long have I been sitting here. I run my hand through my hair and run to my car.

"I'm at the hospital on my way home now." I try to end the conversation but I'm not getting off that easily.

"Why would you be at the hospital?" I sigh.

"Erin passed out so I took her to the hospital, I stayed to make sure she was okay." He huffed on the side of the line and then continued.

"Alright just make your way home, no detours."

"Okay, be home soon." I hit the end button and turned on the engine. I looked over and saw something in between the cushions of the passenger seat. I yanked it out and it started flashing, it was Erin's phone. The caller ID read: Daddy. I picked it up, "Hello Mr. Liken this is Caylen, Erin's friend." He paused a second as if trying to remember something.

"Ahh yes, hello son how are you."

"Not so good," I answered truthfully, " I took Erin to the hospital, I can't really explain, you see my dad is expecting me home now and I've got to go, but you should go see her."

"Well okay, um, thank you for taking her, is she alright?"

"Yes, at least I think so, she just passed out. I'm sorry sir but I've really got to go."

"Well okay, you have a nice evening."

"I'll try sir, goodbye."

"Goodbye."

I hit the red button on her phone and tossed it on the seat, I stepped on the pedal and didn't look back. Erin didn't leave my mind all night. But something was telling me that I might leave hers.