For the first time I met the sweet Elizabeth Schuyler, who did nothing but treat me with kindness.

I also met Alexander Hamilton, the one my father is not so fond of. He is not at all what my father describes, but rather just like him. Alex is so similar to dad.

But the best part about the dinner, was meeting Philip Hamilton. He is the same age as me, and is also fluent in French and Latin! He started teaching me how to play piano, while the adults ate.

This is the first time I've ever been able to interact with a person my age, that was not a slave.

Philip introduced me to his younger siblings, and showed me his bedroom, and his poems. We had so many things in common, it was so easy to keep a conversation going.

And when my fuming father stormed upstairs, grabbed me by my arm, and said we had to leave, I wanted to cry.

I quickly hugged Philip goodbye, in which he told me he would write me, and we left without a word to Alexander or Eliza.

I can't wait to see Philip again.

Abigail Jefferson

September 12th, 1795
It's been exactly a year since I last saw or heard from Philip Hamilton. After a month without any letters from the boy, I figured he never liked me to begin with, and just forgot about me.

I cried myself to sleep every night for a while after then. My father didn't notice my dreary eyes every morning, or decrease in education. I got so attached to Philip in one night, and desperately wanted to see him.

Now that it's been a year, I am over it. I have accepted that Philip had never liked me. I miss him dearly, and wish him well.

Abigail Jefferson

December 29th, 1795
Father has been staying overnight at work now, leaving me to stay with our many slaves.

I have learned more about slaves, and how my father treats them. I'm educated in things like that now.

My father is not nice to them, beats them and does things without permission. I don't ever want to be like him, he makes me mad.

Numquam te me odisse.

Abigail Jefferson

January 1st, 1796
Father did not come home to celebrate the new year, but I am not mad. I am used to it by now. I enjoy the time I have away from him. I went outside to get the mail today, and found a letter from Philip. I let tears slip, just by seeing the familiar name.

I raced back into my home through the cold and snow and eagerly opened the envelope. The letter read:

Dearest Abigail,

I assume by now you want nothing to do with my presence, or my thousands of persistent letters. I wanted to inform you that this would be my last sent to you, since I caused all this inconvenience. I will miss you. Have a great life.

Philip Hamilton

I couldn't help but cry, where had all the other letters he sent gone?