New school, new memories

"Mom, you not understanding me." I state frustrated

"Excuse me. I'm your mother! Watch your mouth!" She points at me

I huff out turning in my seat, in the car, staring out the window.

Don't start this shit I thought

"You never listen." I mumble out instead

"This is gonna be so great for us, Mantii. New school and new memories are gonna be made."

"I don't want new memories." I huff out

"Why are you so stubborn and smart at the mouth." She taps the stirring wheel angrily

"I get it from you." I roll my eyes

"I was never like this to my mother, in fact..."

I start to tune her out as she goes on about another childhood life lesson. I was tryna explain to her that my friend would let me live with her back home in Indiana as long as she sent money from Miami. Of course she started getting upset saying that; I don't want to live with her no more, I'm tryna be grown, I don't love her etc etc.

It was nothing like that I'm in my junior year of high school and I grew up with everybody back home. If my friend's mom offered me a spot at her place, why turn it down? I didn't want change and I didn't like it at all. My mom got this big time promotion at her job causing us to move to Miami. She told me last month and I still cried with my friends and tried my best to stay, I came up with every solution.

"I promise it's gonna be a positive change." She rubs my thigh before continuing driving

"If you say so." I sit upright in the seat

*4 hours later*

"Mantii, wake up we are here!" My mom shakes me

In front of me was a big ole house that was two stories and different then our old house. If you tried to compare the two, our old house was a shack.

"Wow, mom." I laughed getting out the car "I can't believe it"

I was really surprised.

"I told you" she took a picture of me, smiling.

I didn't even mind this time,to stunned by this big house.

"Here," she tosses me the keys "Go check it out!" She smiles

I run up to the door and see a large living room, on the other side of the stairs was the kitchen. It was a window slide door leading out to the backyard with a pool. I went up the stairs and see a hall with three different doors. I went in one that was the master bedroom and obviously going to be my moms. I went to the next one and it was a hall bathroom. The last door on the end was my room,there was already some boxes laid out.

I walked over to the window and I see over to the next house and the window was open with trap music booming out. The light turned on and I move out my window before that person saw that I was being pervy in their window.

"Do you like it?" My mom comes in with two of my bags

"Yes!" I hug and kiss her

"Good start unpacking. You have school next week." She pats my head before leaving

*****a week later****

"What kind of school is called Gucci Gang high?" I frown at my schedule and student handbook

"It's Italian." My mom shrugs her shoulders pulling up at the school doors

"Well, have a good first day."