Peridot just stared stoically at the furious turtle,

"I couldn't choose my friend over a girl I just met. Do you know how conflicting that is?" His voice was softer as if he couldn't believe the words he said himself.

"I don't."

His knuckles turned white, "That's it? Stoic, completely unemotional. Do you even care about what I'm going through?"

Peridot looked at him, stoic, no feeling whatsoever show as she spoke a single word that shattered Donnie's heart, "No."

Donnie leaned away from her as if she smelled horrible, he shook his head and stormed out of the dojo with tears in his eyes. When he slammed the dojo's doors behind him Peridot let out a shaky breath, her throat was tight and she tasted copper in the back of her mouth. She composed herself before she walked to the lab to clean herself up.

Donnie was pacing in his room while Leo was standing by the door, Mikey was seated on Donnie's bed staring puzzled at one of Donnie's posters. Raph had his arms crossed as he watched his younger brother having a breakdown.

"What should I do, I can't choose inbetween them. They're my friends. I'm so stupid, I shouldn't have yelled at Peri."

"You should have and you did. You made the right choice." Raph gruffed at his brother.

"Raph's wrong, Don." Leo sent a glare to the crimson masked turtle, "They need to set their feud aside."

"What should I do?" Donnie turned to his oldest brother, "What can I do?"

"See which one is better for you." Leo suggested.

"Who am I kidding, they both probably hate me."

"They don't hate you." Mikey butted in, his eyes removed from the poster to look at his older brother.

"Then what am I supposed to do? I want them both in my life." Donnie contimplated.

"Yeah, that's not happening, Don." Raph rolled his eyes. Leo hit him and shook his head disapprovingly then turned back to Donnie,

"You have to teach them to get along."

"They're too stubborn, Leo."

"That's an understatement." Raph grummbled.

"I'm sure you can get them to like each other." Leo said ignoring Raphael.

Donnie sighed with a small nod, "I hope you're right, Leo."

"I do too, Don." Leo gave a small smile.

"I bet Amaya and Mikazuki are having just a lovely time here. A fight and me yelling, a great first impression." Don muttered sarcastically.

"I already cleared it up for them when I gave them a tour." Leo said with a small smile.

"They're going to think we're crazy." Donnie laughed.

"They already do." Mikey said with a goofy smile as he stood up.

"I wouldn't be surprised if they did." Raph smiled lightly and uncrossed his arms.

"Leo," Karai poked her head into the room, "We need some help in the lab, Peri's not in good shape."

"I've got it." Donnie answered.

"Are you sure?" Leo asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Yeah, I'm sure." Donnie smiled and walked out of the room and to the lab. He walked into the lab, he silently watched as Peridot frowned while holding a mirror in one of her hands, the other ghosting above her busted lip.

"It looks pretty deep." Donnie piped up, the girl didn't look at him as he walked over to her, instead she set the mirror down and stared at the floor. He grabbed the medical supplies he needed before standing infront of her. Her eyes were attached to the ground as he stood above her.

"You're going to have to look at me if you want me to fix your lip." Donnie said softly. Peridot shook her head. "Peri, come on." Donnie looked at the girl with sad eyes as she refused to look at the turtle. "I'm not mad at you, I just want to help. I'm sorry, so please, let me help."

"I don't want your help." She stood up and walked towards the lab's doors.

"Peridot," Donnie sighed and followed her.

"You know what, Don?" She turned on her heel to look at him, her eyes bloodshot and teary, "You should choose April, she's the only one who actually wants to be with you."

Donnie stopped in place, the world seemed to freeze as he did. The pain was so overbearing, he could feel it happen to him. First, his legs stopped working, they felt like lead and he couldn't move. His gut pulled and felt heavy, he could feel as all of the butterflies died in his stomach. His lungs tried to choke himself, his throat wrapped a noose around itself. His eyes burned with tears, his nose was suddenly stuffed and leaking. His head felt lightheaded yet as if something was squeezing it tightly. He couldn't speak, he felt distant. His heart hurt the most, as if it was crumbling inside of him and told the rest of his body to crumble with it.

"I'm going for a walk." Peridot said sharply before leaving the lair, Mikazuki quickly following the stoic female.

Once her foot stepped out of the lair's boundaries, he knew he lost her forever. But he was willing to do anything to get her back, he will do anything to get her back. Because now he could feel it, he could describe the feeling. He was in love with the girl incapable of loving, and he couldn't deny it anymore.   

~Chapter End~

Hope you all have enjoyed the chapter!! Don't forget to comment, share and vote on our chapters! Check out our other story Brainwashed, and our stories on our own profiles at @hbbug3 and @k_Borchert