Chapter 24 (Balcony love)

Start from the beginning

The lecture took two hours before they went out on a coffee/tea break.
Amal wasn't up for anything to take as she was neither hungry nor thirsty so she remained seated in the room not willing to go out for the break.
Hafsah went out to get some chilled orange juice as she said she was craving it. Who even craves for orange juice during their period? Hafsah is such a weirdo.

Malik was surprised that Amal wasn't willing to move nor planning to go for the short break. Not that he wanted to go too,but with less people in the room he could actually use some time to talk with her. It's feels like some magnetic force was drawing him to her. So he approached her and sat in the chair across from where she was sitting.

"Why are you not with the others for the break?". He questioned the curiosity evident in his voice.

"I don't need anything. "
She muttered.

"Are you sure? Not even coffee,or water or some juice ?" .

"Yes,I'm fine really".

He looked at her again still not believing what she said.

"I can get you something,whatever you may want if you don't feel like getting up from that chair".

"Why would my boss get me something,i am the one who's supposed to be sent not you".
She rolled her eyes.

"Well we're more like team mates here not boss or whatever, so what do you say teammate?".

He answered her making her chuckle at his sarcasm.

"Seriously i am fine Malik. If i wanted anything i could've asked Hafsah to get me".

"So how do you like Vegas?"

"It's a beautiful city. Never been here but i loved it in an instant. I'm thinking of going to explore the city when i am free" .
She said shyly.

"You know I've been wanting to explore too. Why don't i accompany you when we have less work?".

He responded more like a question towards her.

Amal inwardly smiled. It felt like some kind of movie where you're at the talking stage with a guy you like.

"Alright that would be great ".
Amal nodded at him.

They kept silent for some minutes,both of them enjoying the comfortable silence. Even though Amal had so many questions in her head to ask Malik,the silence was better and all that mattered now was that he was with her and they're beginning to get used to each other. Who knows,maybe this is the trip that'll change everything about her and Malik. It will surely reveal if he feels the same way about her how she feels for him because as for her,she's already in to him.

******************
The workshop finished at about 4pm. Amal and Hafsah walked up to their rooms to pray and relax after which they'll go get some food. Amal entered her room changed into some comfortable clothes,prayed and plopped down on the bed. Minutes after she drifted off to sleep.
She didn't wake up until around 6 when it was almost time for maghrib. She quickly entered the bathroom and performed ablution to pray.
After praying,she felt her stomach rumbling of hunger. She hadn't eaten anything since her breakfast. She took her phone out to call Hafsah and hear if she's up for dinner. Hafsah's voice wasn't as energetic as always when she answered Amal's call.

"What's with you Hafsah? Would you like to grab some dinner?" .

Amal asked through the phone.

"No Amal,I'm having cramps. Don't feel like eating anything".
Hafsah responded meekly.

"Okay I'll get you some paracetamol from the pharmacy and something to eat okay. Get well soon dearie".

She disconnected the line and wore her long black gown with a black scarf wrapped around her head. She made sure she tucked in every strand of hair into the scarf before she left to get dinner. She had wanted to order in but she had been in the room for too long,moreover she wanted to explore the place.
Just as she was about to leave,her phone buzzed. Thinking it was a message from Hafsah she quickly took out the phone from the small bag she wore to check if she needed something but she was left mouth agape at the person who's message she saw. It was Malik and suddenly her heart began to thump faster in her chest. Anxious to see what the message is,she opened the message.
* Meet me at the balcony of the second floor please?..

Suprised and wondering why he was at the balcony and why he wanted her to be there caught her off. She typed back a reply fast before she changed her mind.
*About to grab some dinner but will be there shortly.

Amal put her phone back inside her bag went to get pain reliever for Hafsah from the pharmacy first before she goes to the cafeteria.
Suddenly after seeing Malik's message,she wasn't hungry anymore. She just wanted to be there at the balcony and see why he wanted her to be there. She quickly spinned back and made her way to the second floor, the food can come later,she can order in. But right now she needed to see him.

She caught the sight of him standing with his eyes fixed on something that she couldn't really tell what it was because she was far. She walked gently closer and closer to him with her increasing heartbeat beating like no man's businesses.

"Assalamualaikum ". She said distracting him from what he was so engrossed looking at. He turned to face her,the darkness that began to blanket the clouds together with the bright lights of the balcony added shimmer and sparkle to his dark brown eyes.
"Waalaikumussalam". He said.

"Come see something". He beckoned for her to come closer.
Feeling the uneasiness from the pit of her stomach,she moved a little closer still maintaining a decent distance between them. Surprisingly, he stepped back giving more space.

"You know,i came here immidiately after Maghrib to watch the sun set and the dark night take over the bright day,It's a beautiful view here. And you get to see the city lights more clearly unlike in the third floor where you see it from much farther direction ".

She stepped closer and opened her eyes more to the beautiful view in front of her. She could see the bright city lights and the busy streets of the casino with people trooping in and out.

"Wow,Vegas is beautiful Ma shaa Allah. I love it here".

She spoke for the first time with joy evident in her voice.

"It's a beautiful view ain't it?"

He questioned.

"Ofcourse it is Malik,it's so stunning and breathtakingly beautiful ".

She responded.

"Thank you".
She added turning back to look at him with a grin on her face.

"You're welcome Amal".
He answered with a smile creeping it's way to his face by seeing how happy she was. He has got tired of this endless games of hiding feelings and the tension between them. So today,he wanted to end it all be it good or bad ending. All he needed to do is spill out his mind to her, even if she rejects him he had let out his mind to her as difficult as it may be. But it was more difficult being the prisoner to his own thoughts and feelings. So this is the time to let everything out,he thought.

"So Amal,tell me something about yourself. I want to hear it all".

He caught her off guard and she felt a lump form in her throat. The last thing she had ever expected from Malik is him asking her about herself. She swallowed hard and spoke.

"What do you want to hear?" .

"Anything,from random things to facts,to everything you could think of about you."

This is the day to come clean, she thought to herself. She didn't even know where to begin from,the truth is she never thought she would find Malik interested in anything about her,but here he is in front of her with keen interest ready to hear about everything she is made of. It's going to be one hell of an awkward conversation,she said to herself inwardly as she began.