Gonna Be A Superstar ~ 29

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
2ND POV
11/23/17
~

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

You groaned at you woke up with Firefly against your chassis. You sat up straight, careful as to not wake up the sleeping child, and gently got off the bed. Your wings did their magic and allowed you to flutter over towards the door while still cradling your daughter.

You used one of your tired, not fully functional servos to type in the password to open your berthroom door. It took a couple times, considering you had little to I sleep last night. The door opened to reveal Ultra Magnus. The sight woke you up and almost made you drop your kid out of shock. Why was he seeing you now?

"Y/D? Are you alright?" He asked you. It was concerning and awkward and you were too exhausted for this.

"Hm? Oh yeah. Why do you ask?" You inquired, doing your best to act casual. He glanced down at Firefly who was still in recharge and being totally adorable.

"You missed the morning shift. It's noon." The commander explained. His optics showed nervousness, as well as his body language, and it was confusing you like the Pits. Where was that commanding officer figure that could be so gentle around you? The dork act was kind of cute though . . .

"I did? Oh, sorry. I hope the sparklings weren't too much trouble for any of you." You apologized just as awkwardly. Firefly let out a yawn as her optics fluttered open. She noticed the bigger mech at the door and recognized it as the lieutenant.

"Hewwo sire." The sparkling squeaked happily, before snuggling back into your chassis. A cheerful smile slowly grew on your faceplates the longer you watched the small femmeling.

"Hello, little Lightning Bug." Ultra Magnus said to her softly. Firefly giggled and her wings fluttered along. She yawned again, and you awed at her cuteness. The hatchlings, who weren't quite hatchlings anymore, always knew how to melt a spark.

   "Adorable, isn't she?" You asked with a sigh.

   "They are all adorable, with an especially beautiful creator." You blushed profusely as he spoke of you in a way only your hive would. You kept your optics on the floor until he lifted your helm up with a servo. Ultra Magnus stared at you, gazing admirably at your facial features that he only realized he missed recently.

   "Magnus . . ."

   "I owe you an apology." The commander told you. His mesmerizing voice filled your ears as he spoke so gently, keeping optic contact every second. His servo moved from holding your chin to softly touching your cheek.

   "What do you mean?"

   "I've been avoiding you, avoiding my affection, and my want tell you how becoming and important you are to me." Ultra Magnus replied. He sounded as if he was reading off of a Shakespeare script to your audio receptors.

   "You practice that in the mirror?" You teased him with a sudden surge of confidence. He sighed and broke out a smile. You did the same.

   "A little bit." He glanced down at the sparkling that was being held in your loving arms. The lieutenant looked back up at your faceplates, with your dermas less than an inch away. "Maybe we should drop off the child before continuing?"
~

   Once you left the girl to nap with her sisters and brothers, you and Ultra Magnus headed on over to the energon storage room. There, you took two cubes for your late brunch, while Magnus took only one. You and him wandered outside and hung out at the entrance of the base. Smokescreen and Bumblebee were busy playing lob in one of the training rooms close by.

   "Thanks for everything Mags," you said, gulping down the last of your first cube, "I don't know what I'd do without you."

   "Please don't call me that." The commander told you, watching you with great concern. You downed your meal like it'd been nothing, while here he was with still half a cube left.

   "Come on, you like it." You teased with a smirk, leaning against his muscular body. You weren't flying or hovering near him like you had done with Megatron. No, here you were, comfortably and casually snuggling into him as you stared out into the otherwise empty terrain that surrounded the base.

   "No, I really don't." The lieutenant corrected, "I'm fine with Magnus, even around the team. But not Maggy." He did his best to speak correctly around you, especially like this. Your body felt like it fit in perfectly like this, as if the two of you were puzzle pieces. He finally decided to speak of the topic the two of you had been avoiding while outside, "Y/D?"

   "Yes, Magnus?" You responded, sipping your energon slower this time. You looked up at him and watched his calm but awkward features. He was as bad at talking to femmes as you were to mechs you were interested in. Or femmes. Bisexual pride everybody.

   "I love you. I know it might be sudden, but I . . ."

   "Sudden?" You interrupted. "We've known each other for months, even if we were on different sides for a majority of the time." His faceplates looked surprised at what you said, but seconds later he wore a small smile. "Also, I . . . I love you too."

   "Could-could I-um, could I kiss you?" Magnus asked you nervously. You let out a laugh and nodded excitedly. The mech swept you up off your pedes and allowed your dermas to meet his for a long-lasting, passionate and memorable kiss. After a lot more smooching, he finally whisked you away to his berthroom where the two of you would busy for quite a while.