Daddy Was Dumb ~ Prologue

PROLOGUE
2ND POV
10/22/17
~

   You drove down the seemingly empty and winding road on the countryside in excitement. It was surrounded by fields of tall, fresh green grass on the left side and thick forest on the right. You and a few friends were going to meet up at a wonderful new butterfly museum that had opened up just miles away from another site you'd been visiting recently. You had a short vacation from work this week, and there was nothing better to do than take a break from studying bugs by seeing heaps more bugs.

   That's right! You were an entomologist, an all around big lover of all kinds of bugs. Most people, including the majority of your friends (besides the ones that worked alongside you), had no idea why anyone would want to stare at a dead beetle or very-much-alive preying mantis all day. And, though that wasn't all you did, you understand quite well that not everyone around you was as much of a fan of the smaller parts of life.

   Even as a child, you'd had something of an obsession with little critters like these. While most girls would back away with fear and scream and make a scene at the sight of a daddy long-legs, you would pick it up and watch it crawl all over your arm. The same went with bees, and you'd never been stung in your life either! Awesome, right?

   You had one hand on the wheel while the other rested on the door. You went off a smaller road from the main one that lead to your destination. Why would you do that? Weren't you supposed to be going to see all the pretty butterflies and let them land on your unbelievably still body while having your beauties take photos? Well, yeah. But first, you absolutely needed to check on a certain something.

   You parked your car far away from the sight so you could sneak up to it without the loud sound of its engine. Recently, you'd been studying an incredible and incredibly different type of insect. They called themselves 'Insecticons,' and were thirty-something-foot alien robots that were part of the so-called 'Decepticons'. They guarded a sort of mine filled with glowing aqua crystals, and had a hive that seemed to be missing a Queen after a complicated series of events. That's really all you'd collected from what they've gossiped about with the other 'vehicon guards'. Though you had made some extremely detailed sketches as well!

You hid behind a tree and peeked our from behind it, spotting two Insecticons switch off duty with two others. The original two walked into the cave, and because of your undying curiosity, you sprinted after the duo. Of course you had done it stealthily, as many of the Decepticons didn't seem to love humans very much at all.

You hid behind various boulders as you followed the two insect-like aliens through the mine's tunnels. There were many workers mining and scooping up crystals and placing them into mine carts, you observed while sneaking on by. After a few minutes, the Insecticons entered a room filled with orange-yellow pods. You gawked at the pods from behind another enormous boulder, wondering if they were like a sort of egg for these special metallic beings.

Oddly enough, the bulky bug-Cons simply prowled around the giant cave in their insect alt. modes. A few joined them, and a few others left. You were completely confused by this and patiently waited by the same boulder, taking a brief nap and forgetting all about the butterfly museum.

   It's not like anything would keep you from still meeting with them, right? Then again, it was alien insects over regular butterflies any day.

   The Insecticons left the cavern, and after checking to see if the coast was clear, you leaped our from behind the boulder. You really wanted to check out one of the pods yourself, and this was the perfect opportunity! The color and structure looked amazing to you, and they were definitely worth something to you if they were worth something to them. You noticed all the grooves and books and crannies that accompanied the plates of metal that made up the pod. Maybe you could climb it, you thought suddenly. What a flawless idea!

   You placed your hands and feet in all the right places, going higher with each move. There still wasn't anything you could hear in the background that made you worry about being discovered. It was a short climb, as the pod door was wide open, silently asking for someone to jump on in. You weren't as stupid as to drop into a place that you might be unable to climb out of, though. Especially since you had that ever present fear in the back of your mind that you might accidentally fall in. Sure, you weren't clumsy per say, but it was still a worrying possibility.

One you got to a point where you could confidently stand and not fall, you looked down into the pod. It looked completely smooth inside, with the walls of it covering up all the technology that made them work efficiently. You weren't much of a tech expert, but it was still as interesting as heck! Studying the Insecticons felt like a great accomplishment to, even more so at this point.

A loud, abrupt noise from the entrance of the cavern caught your attention. Your body froze where it was, as if a robber just put a shotgun to your head. Your turned your head a little to catch a glimpse of someone's shadow on the wall of your only exit. The complaining voice, you recalled, belonged to their annoying, skinny crossdresser of a commanding officer. What was his name (or designation, as they called it) again? Oh right!

Starscream.

You sucked in a breath as you whipped around to see how much closer he was. Unfortunately, that was a very stupid move on your part. Your footing was lost and you fell into the pod, landing with a terrifyingly painful clang as your body met metal. The pod closed up automatically, and your body froze with it, playing a dangerous game with the chemicals in your body and the alien tech. The Decepticon lieutenant was too late to see any of this, and you were left to your impending fate.

The only question hanging in the air was: what's next?

~
A/N: How is that for a first chapter, huh?! Hope you enjoyed! Tell me your thoughts in the comments, and I'll have the next chapter up soon.

—WV—