IX.

Dusk's thin veil set over Stacia

Dusk's thin veil set over Stacia. Aegis and Yan traversed levitating steps connecting Stacia to the floating platform adjacent to it. Aegis flew a Griffmech for transportation but the swaying body of water below them was still enough to churn her stomach. 

Children and the elderly couldn't be trusted upon the steps if not for the enchanting aurora of orange, jade, and teal light protecting them from falling overboard into the Realm. The Light Heathens that created it must have been inspired by the Walderland's whimsical sky, for as cold as it was, a glimpse of those magical lights was worth the frostbite.

As for the eccentric gold gates ahead of them, Aegis recognized them from manuscripts.

They belonged to Euphoria.

A majestic fountain with the limestone statue of a woman was the first memorial seen upon entering Euphoria's gates. Cloaked in a robe and clutching a thick book to her chest, the statue's other hand welcomed those who ventured forward. Crystalline water flowed out of her palm underneath the glow of orkos poles. Aegis thought the statue to be the first High Priestess, Elaina. If only Somnus was there to see.

Multiple orkos poles lined the square and cast bold kaleidoscopes upon the flagstone ground. The exterior of Euphoria was reminiscent of Grand Hall's architecture. Its prism shape stood proudly on the chalk-white base; the gold edging shimmered across the sturdy columns sprouting from the foundation. Atop Euphoria flags hung from golden pillars and gracefully waved in the breeze.

The flags flowed vertically; The symbol woven on the embroidered cloth was an upward arm adorned with ornamental bangles and bracelets - bent fingers clenching the scorching sun. That part of the flag glowed at dusk as thin tails of light flowed in between sewn fingertips.

Yan and Aegis were under the cover of Euphoria's balcony as their guide pushed one of the large doors open to a powerful waft of herbal spices and warmth.

Marginal areas of the marble floor were transparent. A stream of blessed water ran beneath it. The waters coursed through Euphoria and served as its veins while the heart resided within the stone statue of Elaina.

A few robed figures roamed the main hall. They paid the girls no mind and went about their business. Golden guards posted along the endless pillars scrutinized them.

Yan smiled and waved to one. He merely stood statuesque with his spear in hand. Chandeliers hanging high played off the golden armor of those guarding the main hall. The silver, twisted patterns their arms made were so craftily maintained that most didn't realize their foundation was created from the roots of a great orkos tree.

Aegis could tell how old they were just from their formations.

When orbs of orkos blossomed from them into minuscule lanterns of light, Euphorian menders harvested them for medicinal purposes.

Towering above the walls were stainless glass windows with trefoil arches and adjacent to them were murals of Elaina's four sons. They were known as Numina and held within them the four most prominent elements of Vita.