Tears don't dry on their own

That night I laid in my bunk, heard how one of the guys snored, Ashley sniffered in his sleep. Someone even farted. Usually I would have played some weird tricks on them, but not now. Not today. I mean tonight. I had never meant to hurt him, and I didn't think it would end up like this. All the others had understood me, why couldn't he do it too?

I sighed, and tried to find something to make me sleep. Then, like a sign from heaven, I saw the medicines. I grabbed the box with the pills, and pushed three on my hand. I knew I wasn't supposed to do this. Anything could happen. Maybe I would end up in the hospital again. I looked at the pills trying to figure out what was right and what was wrong.

I looked up, as if God would answer me, but as no answer was to hear and I was as confused as before, I threw the pills in my mouth, laid down and closed my eyes.

Ashley's P.O.V

Someone giggled. I turned around, and pulled the covers over me. The giggle came closer, and suddenly I felt someone next to me. I sighed and turned around.

It was Charlie, her pupils scarily wide and laughing like mad. I rose my brow and then she started talking, but I didn't get a word she said. Except the word "Pills". I looked at her weirdly, and tried to imagine what it could mean. Then it hit me.

"SHIT! Charlie what the hell did you think of?" I asked her, trying not to wake anyone up. She only laughed. Well, what has been done can't be undone, but this was truly shit. Andy why the fuck?! Couldn't she just come to cry on my shoulder if she felt bad? This was seriously a bad solution. God damn it, Charlaine Falls. Don't think this will end here!

Then she started talking lower, and her gaze brightened, as if she'd been coming back to herself. Tears fell from her eyes.

"And he... he... Ash I hurt him... I fucking hurt the person is most important to me! Why can't I just be a good girl? Why... Ash I'm just a stupid hoe, I don't know how anyone can ever care about me, I'm just a bitch..." she broke down. Shit. Shit shit shit shit shit shit.

"Heeey, Charliee... Let's just try to sleep, okay? It will all be bettr tomorrow... And we will have a serious talk." I added so silently she couldn't hear me as she laid her head on my shoulder.

But as she then laid there, I thought of my own childhood. How I had done stupid things, and no one had even cared, even less helped me. What she needed was someone she could trust, someone who would help her with everything she had got into. I surely would have to tell her how badly wrong she was, but I would have to help her, not "have a serious talk with her" as I had thought. Feeling like the best person in the world I closed my eyes.