Chapter 3: I face a near death experience

When it was certain that I was going to die, I was truly happy. Reasons: One, I need not do the presentation. Two, I need not do the presentation and three, I need not do...okay I'm keeping it short. Only two reasons.

Still, when I was between Tom and Jerry and looking at their teeth closely, my survival instinct kicked in and I didn't want to die in their hands. I thought I deserved a better death. So, I tried to think of a way to escape from them.

I looked at Jerry who was in front of me. He was a little heavier than Tom which meant that he was slower. So, I kicked and tried to trip his legs and he staggered backwards. I used this chance and started to run. When I ran towards the school gate at the opposite a school bus came across the road. Getting under the wheels of a bus was not a better death for me. So, I switched direction and ran straight with all my athletic practice I had in my school. Unfortunately, I had very little practice.

Tom overtook me and blocked my way and Jerry was behind me. I saw Tom's face. He was like, really really angry. And I was really really afraid. I needed time to think of a plan to escape from them. So, I started to talk.

"Hey guys, 'Sup?"

Two blank looks. Suddenly, I had a plan.

"How about eating me after my presentation? You can also attend it."

I know it was not a great plan. But I was sure that they would kill themselves after seeing my presentation. They both growled.

"Could your dog mouths speak?"

Again a growl.

"Okay, you cannot speak."

I think they both were tired of waiting as they edged closer and I was pressed against a wall in the side of the road. And then Tom did something weird. He held out his hand. Did he want money? He could have just asked me that instead of terrorizing me like this, I thought. Or did he want a dance with me? Just when I was contemplating whether dying in his hands would be better than dancing with him, a club appeared in his hand.

I blinked.

The club was still there. Behind him, I saw Jerry was repeating Tom's action and there was a sword there.

I blinked again.

I had a thought a little while ago, that the world had gone strange. But drawing weapons from thin air doesn't exactly fall into the word strange.

I too held out my hand and checked whether there would at least be a stick in my hand. But nothing happened. I would have like a fool when I did that because, the dog heads sniggered or did something that sounded like a snigger to dogs. That made me angry. But I couldn't do anything with my useless anger. I had to do something. But what?

After formulating so many planless plans, I decided to go for a simple plan: Shout for help. But nothing changed after I shouted things like HELP! HELP! TWO DOG FACED CREATURES ARE TRYING TO EAT ME FOR BREAKFAST! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!! COME ON GIVE THEM SOME DOG BISCUITS AND SAVE ME PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!! No luck for me. No one paid me any attention. It looked like that dog men were not visible to them .Some even passed and looked at me as though I was mad. I wanted to yell at them like ATLEAST ADMIT ME TO SOME LUNATIC ASYLUM!! May be that would really catch their attention, I thought.

Just when I was about to do that, Tom lifted his club to hit me. Luckily I saw it and dodged to my left quickly. He hit a great volume of air. I was about to sigh loudly but Jerry tried to slash his sword towards my neck. I ducked to the ground and rolled to my left.

I was still on my ground when Tom and Jerry both came towards me with their weapons lifted high.

"Seriously guys?" I tried my diplomatic approach with them again. They both stopped with confused looks. "I was only doing good to you both. Your ex-breakfasts were very skinny ...like me. I thought of taking you to my Chemistry teacher and may be my Math teacher. They would have filled your appetites." They both looked at each other uncertainly but again their dog faces returned their same old angry looks.

I sighed. So much for the diplomatic approach.

Just when Jerry slashed his sword, I kicked his legs with both my legs using all my strength, still lying on the ground. He staggered back and fell. Tom looked at Jerry with a bewildered look.

I got up to run before they both recovered but there was a searing pain in my left hand. Unfortunately, Jerry's sword had managed to cut my skin near my wrist. It did not look like a deep cut, but I couldn't be sure as it had started to bleed. I had to somehow reach my school and get help before I pass out in pain. I managed to take a few steps but someone grabbed my right hand. Obviously, I turned to see the wonderful face of Jerry. He swung his sword, with a firm grip on my right arm. Then suddenly, I heard a flap of wings. A vulture suddenly flew from somewhere and hit him right in his eye and flew up again.

His free hand went to his eyes as a reflex which fortunately was the hand holding me (lucky that dog men also have reflexes). My vision was getting dim by that time due to the blood loss in my hand. The vulture came again and this time with a sword in its beak. It dropped it on the ground near me. I was too exhausted to be surprised about anything. So, I immediately took the sword. Jerry saw the sword and looked surprised. I thought it would be great if they run away just by seeing the word in my hand. Because, I didn't know sword fighting.

But no, why should it be that easy? Tom came from behind and attacked me. My hand and brain worked furiously. I easily parried the attack. I gave the club a little push right side and the club easily went out of his hands. I didn't know whether to attack him or not. But if I had left he would have again attacked me again. So, I stabbed him in his stomach, right into the picture of Tom in his T-shirt. He fell to his knees.

Jerry, who was furious on seeing this, spun his sword came towards me. Soon, I was engaged in a duel. I did not know how I knew to fight, but I was doing well. Unfortunately, Jerry was better. My hand was still bleeding and the throbbing distracted me. Jerry took the chance and hit my left arm near my elbow. Why always my left hand?

I fell down, clutching my hand.

When I was sure that he was going to decapitate me, I braced myself and prayed for a quick death. But Jerry froze suddenly. Whatever was the reason, I didn't wait. I pushed my sword directly into his chest. When he fell facing the ground, I saw an arrow inserted in his back.

When I looked around to find the source, I saw a boy standing in the road with a bow.

A.N: If you like this chapter, consider clicking the vote button and also comment :)