Into The Valley

Law lifts his head sleepily, eyes unfocused. He pauses, seeing a figure sitting nearby, but when he looks over there's no one. You curl up into him more, making him peer at you. He smiles a bit, knuckles brushing over your cheek. He peers over as the door of the greenhouse clicks open. "Its time to go." He shakes you gently, waking you. With a yawn you get up, stretching, rubbing your cheek sleepily and letting Law help you to your feet.

Suddenly you both freeze as the sound of footsteps draw closer. Law pulls you into his side, holding his hand out. "Room." He breathes and suddenlyyou're both at the staircase, backs to the greenhouse. You stop, blinking in surprise before realization hits you and you look at Law. He smirks a bit, feeling your gaze but avoiding it as he starts down the stairs.

"... You're such a shit...." You tell him, following him away from the greenhouse.

"You said 'okay lets sleep here,' I was only doing what you wanted." He chuckles lightly, not looking back with a shrug.

'Told you, Law's pretty damn sneaky.' Zoro says walking beside you. You shoot him a look but he just smiles. Troublesome guys.

You swallow, taking up Zoro's swords and strapping them on. Your fingers glide over their hilts, and although Zoro was standing beside you, the sense of loss hit you like a hammer. A shaky breath leaves you and your knees buckle. '___?' Zoro frowns worriedly. 'What's wrong?'

Law looks over from his crafting table, coming over and putting a hand over yours as it grips the sword hilt softly. He didn't say anything, kneeling behind you and putting his free arm around you. "... I want to hug him again..." You whisper.

"I know... I wouldn't mind hugging him myself right now... He really liked you, wouldn't shut up about you after the first dungeon, not that I minded it much... I know that he would like you using his swords to protect yourself." He breathes gently. You swallow, feeling a smile return to your lips as tears prick your eyes.

"I know... Thanks Law." You touch his hand around your waist, relaxing before looking up at Zoro. He had a pained expression and his breezy, cool hand touches your cheek.

'Come on, you got bigger things to worry about. Stand up ___, and keep going, I'll be with you all the way.' He murmurs. You nod and get up, pulling Law up as well.

"Ready?" You look at him.

"Yep." He grabs his medic satchel.

'Oh right, give him kikoku.' Zoro points to a sword that in the corner. 'He always liked it, and he's used it in a few dungeons.'

"Oh.." You hum, picking up the sword before offering it to Law, catching him off guard. "You take this one." You smile. "He would want you to take it."

He gingerly takes it, and you notice a slight tremble as he holds it. He swallows before smiling bitterly. "I do love this sword... I'll take care of it for him." He nods.

"Lets go then." You breathe, leading him out. You knew where the basement door was, but beyomd that point was a mystery to you. Touching the map you frown. Maybe you should let Sabo know you were going to a dungeon. But he may insist on coming along. As you debated, someone calls out to you.

"___! Law! We've been looking for you!" Luffy chimes, running up and hugging you.

"___!" Sabo swiftly comes over, cupping your cheek. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, sorry, we got locked in the greenhouse last night." You smile sheepishly. He relaxes and smiles in return. "Sorry, but we're heading to a dungeon now, see you when I return." You pull away. His relief falls to worry, but he gives a nod.