S1E11: Hurt Feelings Pt. 3

S1E11: Hurt Feelings, Pt. 3

Donna moved around the house cleaning and I watched her for a second before knocking at the open door. She glanced up and turned down the music she had playing.

"Hey, Stasi... Is everything all right?"

"Yup. I'm sorry for barging in on you like this but I promise I won't force you to take another spa day with me."

"It's okay. I actually enjoyed it. Did you talk to Opie about it again?"

"No, I want to offer you a job but hear me out first," I stated before she had a chance to protest. "I'll offer you benefits, healthcare and dental, vacation, pay raise every major holiday, and day care for your kids."

"I don't know..."

"Give it a chance, Donna. It's not charity, you actually have to work and I won't treat this like a entry level job. If Opie can see that you are happy with it, then he'll be less pressured to work with the club as often."

"I want to do it then. To keep Opie out of that club every single day."

I nodded with a small smile growing on my face going through my purse to pull out the application for the position that I wanted her to take.

"Nala will take your info on Monday when you come by. Give her your credentials and I'll make sure you get to work by Wednesday."

"Thanks, Stasi," she took the papers and gave me a hug. "And thank you for caring enough about us to not let us lean on that club for everything."

"Gemma wouldn't have it any other way, but there are those of us who know how to stand on our own two feet."

She smiled again inviting me to join her for some lemonade. I shrugged off my jacket and she turned the music back on as we settled down to talk.

-

I didn't have to find Wendy, she found me.

As I was locking up my shop, she approached me looking really worse for wear. I didn't know what to say so I waited for her to start.

"I know you want to adopt Abel or whatever."

"I never said I wanted to adopt Abel, I want to be in his life Yes but I would never take him from his mother."

"You care. Why?", she seemed genuine enough to care about what I thought of her and this situation.

"I visit that little boy whenever I get a chance and I love him because he should never have been born to two people who were so emotionally unstable and the environment that he would be subjected to. Did you care not to do drugs?"

"You don't know me," she spat.

"Wouldn't want to after you nearly killed your son for a fucking high. I can't get you because I don't see why. Even if he left you out on a goddamn ledge, the only thing that should have been running through your stupid fucking mind is Abel. Your innocent baby boy! He didn't ask to be born to a junkie whore and a gangster dad. He didn't ask to have a heart deficiency on top of all his goddamn problems. You want to fuck yourself up, go ahead, but you want fuck up a little innocent baby then me and you are going to have a problem."

"He's my son no matter what," Wendy snapped glaring at me though every word I said hit a nerve.

With a shrug I stepped back, she watched me with a contemplative look.

"You don't have rights to him, Wendy. I could take him away from this life, away from you if I wanted. I only need Jax's blessing."

"When I get clean, I'm able to get him back. I can fight against any and all things pertaining to my son."

"No, you can't, Wendy. You can only come around when he's at an age where he wants you around no sooner than."

I gave her one last look before I turned to leave.

-

"It's completely finished and I wanted to drop off the keys. My team has furnished and decorated it the way you wanted as well. Anything else you need, give me a call."

"Thank you so much, Lana," I hugged her tightly after I took the keys from her.

She promised to come over when I had my housewarming party.

I called my best friend, Bayleigh, and then my sister, Michaela.

They showed up and I turned them towards the new house that I had been having renovated for the past month and a half. It was a two story house, circular driveway lined with white and red roses, a two car garage, and a large from yard gated by a tall, metal fence.

"It's so pretty," Bay said dreamily as we just sat atop her car and passed the bottle that she had brought. "I wonder if we go into the house, will Snow White be lying in the bed?"

Mickey giggled climbing down and taking out her phone. She was on FaceTime with Jace who couldn't make it due to her being at the clubhouse with Happy. They were chatting about throwing some party before school officially started.

"I'm moving in after I finish putting my own touches to it."

"Housewarming party?"

"Bitchhhhh, we finna turn all the way up!", I cheered raising the bottle and downing more of the throat burning liquor.

Two down, one to go.