Trentanove

Day one of being single. She was depressed and sulking on her bed. 

Hibari had gone on his rampage, attacking anyone that looked or breathed differently than he wanted. He returned home quickly, without Mai, who had just apparently dumped him. 

Why was he convinced? 

Because Mai's words did not correct the female student, her best friend, nor did she deny her words, "You didn't have to shout it out so loudly" 

So he was in a horrible mood, destroying everything that deserved being destroyed. So, everything. His malificent aura could probably be felt across town. 

Now, Mai, it was a fake break up; not that Hibari knew. And that was the problem. He didn't know. This was supposed to be a -maybe- four day break from each other, not a permanent leave!!! 

She was dying without his company! 

Day two, Hibari's reputation grew worse and the streets began to grow more silent.

Mai was still being a discarded cicada shell; past the crying for help and regretting everything stage, to just emotionless this is happening isn't it? 

She wanted to see him... but he'd probably hit her and tell her he doesn't care anymore... whatever happened to marriage?

Ah, she wanted to get sucked back to the future.... when she and Hibari are together aga- this better not make a dent in their relationship... this isn't a parallel world where they aren't together, right? It better not be, she'd have some lectures for that friend of hers if so. 

Like that, negative thoughts plagued her mind for hours. 

Day three, people avoided Hibari, Hibari's house, Hibari's committee, everything to do with Hibari. 

Mai found herself on the Sawada's doorstep, clearly not anywhere close to her usual self, red eyes that seemed to be ready to cry again, puffy cheeks, scruffy hair, and a slouched posture; basically she looked like a heartbroken teenager. Which she was. 

It wasn't even heartbreak though. Stupid 'friend', doing this to her! How was she supposed to live like this? She'd gotten so used to Hibari everywhere that now she can't even function without him. 

"Ara? Mai-chan? What's wrong?" Nana's concerned voice questioned after she opened the door, her reply was being tackled into a tight hug. The elder brunette noticed the young girl was shaking. She just returned the hug, ready to stand there for a while until she was alright to talk. 

"Mama?" Bianchi walked out into the hall with Reborn on her shoulder, interested about who was at the door but surprised to see Mama holding a young black haired girl tightly. "Is that...?" Bianchi begun, leaving her question hanging.

"Inoue." Reborn finished, jumping down from Bianchi's shoulder and approaching Mama, "What happened?" 

"I don't know, she showed up here looking like this..." The woman replied, rubbing light comforting circles on the girl's back. 

"Where's Hibari th-" He wasn't planning on cutting his sentence short, but the clear tensing of the girl's shoulders had him reach a conclusion. "I see." 

Bianchi wasn't alright with it, "I've got a cake for him." She was planning on leaving to poison the heartbreaker, but was stopped by Reborn. 

Tsuna, hearing the commotion, came down quickly, "What's going on?" 

"Hibari and Inoue broke up." Reborn answered bluntly, triggering the girl to get even more depressed, nice one Reborn. 

"Hu-HUH!!? THAT PROTECTIVE HIBARI-SAN?" Reborn kicked him in the face, a small 'Of course, who else, Dame-Tsuna.' leaving his mouth.