Venticinque

A week after being released, on the Sunday, she could manage to walk short distances; meaning assistance in the restroom was now unnecessary. Hibari still had to move her sometimes, but she mainly moved herself to and from her wheelchair. Besides that, she had rehab at hospital that was helping her. She was told that she'd be back to normal by the end of the second week.

She wasn't just sitting around though, she was studying. Not just medical aid and that, but also where the pressure points were on the body and how to locate and hit them accurately. Since... well... she was associated with the mafia now so... that basically explains itself right? She wasn't some buff old guy though, never will be, so being flexible is about all she can do.

Hibari even let her try it out on his committee members, as much as she tried to persuade him not to use them like that. It was really helpful though, she wasn't going to lie.

But a little break before the Curse of the Rainbow arc. It's more daily life filler...

It was about 3 days after being released, Hibari was looking after her, of course. By looking after her, he was just sat reading a book with her by his side, reading a book of her own.

"What's the time?" She mumbled, all throughout the day she'd been enthralled in her book; time was of no importance, until she realised they needed to eat sometime.

"6:00." He answered without even looking at a clock or anything. Inoue jumped and straightened her slumped posture, leaning on Hibari's leg. He looked at her, wondering why she was so surprised.

"What about dinner? I should start making it!" She huffed, feeling hurried since he didn't tell her; she was the housewife around here. She began to attempt sliding off the sofa and onto her wheelchair but before she could move an inch, Hibari dropped his book and wrapped his arms around her, preventing all movement. "K-Kyoya!?"

"Don't do anything unnecessary." She could tell he was scowling again, although he was always scowling, so it wasn't that impressive.

"If I move around then my legs will get better faster." She tried to reason, but he wasn't listening at all. Noting that he wasn't anywhere close to giving in, she rephrased, "I'll cook your favourite..." It was surprising he didn't even twitch. She turned to look at him, a visible pout on her lips, obviously thinking about what they were possibly going to have.

"Kusakabe is coming with some food. Stop wriggling about." He muttered, picking up his book and finding the page he left off. Inoue grabbed her own book and began studying from it again. Shortly after though, she was sidetracked by Hibird. The little chick was originally eating some berries outside, but flew in and landed on the pages of her book, so she busied herself with playing.

It'd been a while since she'd seen Hibari's box animal, ring animal now, actually... bracelet animal? Ever since the future. Truthfully, it was only for a moment, the TYL Hibari possibly wanted to calm her nerves a bit and so... Adorable hedgehog. As if hearing her thoughts, Hibari sighed;

"Roll."

She wanted to squeal.

The cute hedgehog dropped into her hands and she was blushing at the adorable sight. She wasn't aware that Hibari's attention was now taken by her rather than the book. She noticed the hedgehog's appearance had changed a little but didn't question that as she cuddled the somewhat dangerous ball of spikes. Of course, from just that display, the hedgehog was taken to her immediately. With Hibird playing in her hair, to Roll 'Kupii-pii'ing' in her lap and hands. She was in heaven...

She gradually grew relaxed and basically forgot that she was sitting on Hibari, she leant back and enjoyed the warmth, like anyone would.

Then Kusakabe came in, straight faced like he'd seen it all before, "I've brought what you asked for." Like expected, it was takeaway. Hibari nodded and Kusakabe placed it on the coffee table, he was then handed an empty tea cup by Hibari, likely expected to fill it up again. Inoue was now fully aware of him again, face redder than any apple.

"I could have made you tea..." She sounded like she was sulking, as much of a mundane job it was, she really liked making tea...

"As much as I like your tea, it's too bothersome right now." He was right... She was comfortable, he was comfortable... whatever.

She hummed, not too happy about being shut down so quickly. "Roll's as cute as I remember..." Perhaps she shouldn't have said that.

"I don't remember you being nearby when..." He seems to have understood quickly, she could feel his mood turning sour. She could also feel his grip tighten for whatever reason, seriously, he was jealous of himself...

"Roll is Roll, Kyoya is Kyoya... It's about time the you of this time let me see him again." To add to her words, she snuggled the hedgehog closer to her face, "I almost couldn't part with him the first time..." Seeing his irked expression, she smiled a little, "He helped me in the future to calm my nerves. So don't make that face..."

He let out a breath but still seemed a little agitated, he even ignored Kusakabe when he came back in with the tea. Inoue thanked him on his way out though. As Hibari's mood began to turn negatively, Roll began to get depressed too. It was a tad concerning, since Roll was a jittery little hedgehog. Seeing the only way out of it was that, she turned her back to him- for good reason- and held Roll to her chest.

"...Don't worry, the only Kyoya I love is the one from this timeline..." Inoue was puzzled at where in the world she got the courage to say that from. Okay, she was redder in the face than if you visited a volcanic lava hot spring and was probably on the verge of passing out... but she wouldn't have been able to say that a few months ago.

"Hn." He was smirking, she could feel the smirk in his voice, was it a mistake?

He pulled her back and leaned into her neck, "I'm not worried. But I didn't get the memories of my future self, the thought of someone else spending time with you; it's irritating. Even if it's myself, I won't let anyone get in the way." She could barely tell what was happening, not only was he laying soft kisses on her neck, he was also saying such straightforward stuff... could it be counted as compassionate? Romantic? "If they do," He continued, moving up towards her chin, "I'll bite them all to death."

She turned slightly to face him, super aware of the closeness but deciding to forget about it, "I'll only ever look at Kyoya, the one of this timeline. Because I want to stay by only his side, forever." During her short declaration, she'd placed a warm hand on his cheek, the other holding Roll; covering the little animal's eyes. After she'd finished, and before he could reply, she decided to surprise yet again by placing her lips over his. Ever since she first kissed him, he enjoyed the new, innocent, kiss of hers, not lasting long but lingering. It perfectly described her as a person, she let all her feelings out for him to receive. The feelings that had grown since the last one.

He didn't know he could continuously fall in love with her like this, stronger and stronger.

It was a new but welcomed sensation for the both of them.

yayay ;O