Trentatré

"So, are you going to tell him tonight?" Chrome asked, noticing Mai still hadn't moved from her spot even an hour after their previous talk. This was, of course, questionable, since she was so fired up earlier.

"...Right now, my adrenaline is at rock bottom so I'd rather not see him until tomorrow..." Mai muttered, utterly ashamed at herself, "I texted him that I'd be staying here, is that alright?" She asked Haru, who was completely fine with it, mentioning that even Kyoko and Chrome were sleeping.

"What do you like about Hibari-san?" Kyoko giggled, reintroducing the romance gossip once more. Haru's sudden interest in the topic was obvious, she was more alert than anything.

"Everything." Mai answered quickly without hesitation. She didn't even think about it, although, the question wasn't difficult.

"Like-?" Haru coaxed, pouting and leaning forward for the effect of undying interest.

"Um... I don't want to bore you with a giant list..." Mai smiled meekly, shuffling away from the girls' close proximity.

"It's fine! We're curious." Kyoko encouraged, clapping her hands together and giving Mai a wide smile.

Mai looked at Chrome, who just gave her a little nod in return, "T-Then... When we first met, I was lost and needed directions so I went to his office... It was kind of dark, but I could see him. The first thing that caught my eye was actually his hair; I didn't think of it much and instead kind of badgered him about his eating habits and such... But I just really loved it, I hadn't touched it or gotten a close look, it was kind of strange, but I felt an insatiable need to run my fingers through it." She was already blushing, the story was unnecessary but it added to the atmosphere.

"That's how you met? It's rather normal..." Kyoko mused, taking a strawberry from one of the cakes and putting it towards her mouth, "Hair, hm?"

"And then!?~" Haru cheered, leaning her elbows on the table.

"Uh... Next, I began making his lunches, I usually left them in the room when he wasn't there but, there was one time when he was; in the morning light, he stared at me, that usual scary look in his eye, but... as expected, I was drawn to his eyes. Now, I love them so much, it's hard to imagine my first thought was 'dull'... I'm ashamed to even admit that..."

"D-Dull!??" Haru repeated, even the other two girl's were a little shocked.

"Cloud man's?"

"They're always cold and sharp, but dull...?"

"W-Well... Perhaps it was because the first time I saw them it was in the dark, they weren't very illuminated and he seemed a little tired...? The colour as well, it's magnificent of course, but back then, it was just a bland grey colour. A-Anyway! What matters is, now I understand how beautiful they are! I was just ignorant!" Mai blabbered on, getting even more flustered and quiet.

The three smiled at her, urging her to continue.

"His personality, the pride he has in his disciplinary committee, the way he upholds his own law, he sticks by his own morals and doesn't take any complaints from other people. He's strong, stronger than anyone; in more than just fighting skills. The respect he gets, he's pretty antisocial and very violent, and yet he has amassed a group of loyal followers, I find it amazing. Ah- his voice, it's one of my favourite things, and the way he speaks, it's different than other people. His obsession with strength and fights... his hands and fingers, when he holds my hand, it always feels secure, when he hugs me, it's always reassuring -his touch, it's not always rough like his personality suggests. He's kind." -She went on some more but it was basically blocked out.

"She must really like him..."

"I-! I'll be going now!" Mai suddenly exclaimed, standing up and rushing out of the room, after a second of shock, the others raced after her.

"H-Huh!? Mai-chan!?"

"I'm going to do it!"

Although she said that, Hibari wasn't at home and her drive turned into regret very quickly.

The drive to run away back to Haru's was also very great too.

But she slapped her blushing cheeks, and winced because it hurt, before going out into the garden, wearing a kimono because it just happened to be on a stool in her room. She'd already anxiously taken a bath, memories still fresh in her mind. Mei soon joined her outside, perching on her shoulder.

The bird began to chew at sections of her hair, which had her attention drawn to it. She grabbed a clump that was over her shoulders, threading it through her fingers, "My hair's getting longer... perhaps I should start putting it up?" A ponytail is the only thing, she found, that Mei wouldn't pick at. A messy bun was fine too, since it was already messy.

Mei chirped and bounced on her shoulder, causing a small laugh to escape Mai's lips.

"Mei, would you mind?" She held up a finger for the small yellow bird to hop onto, and brought it closer to her face, her eyes making contact with the bird's beady black ones. The bird stared at her for a moment before taking off into the night, somehow understanding what it's master had requested.

So she began spying on Tsunayoshi for the rest of the night, since Hibari never came home. It was really boring at first, he was just at home doing normal home stuff, then he went to bed.

Watching someone sleep for hours made Mai way too sleepy herself, but she was extremely thankful when she didn't end up falling asleep, because Tsunayoshi woke up in the midst of her pre-passing out, and captured her attention once more.

The scene was amusing, the little child Lambo had snuck in a little midnight snack, that was actually someone else's. It was adorable to Mai, but Tsuna seemed to have suddenly realised something; she watched from Mei's camera and listened in as he began to call someone, the Ninth boss of the Vongola. It was surprising, how he managed to get inspired from Lambo's shenanigans. Curious as to why Mei hasn't been spotted? ~Mist flames.~ And it's Tsuna, let's be real.

Mukuro noticed the bird though.

Mai almost had a heart attack when he looked right at it. -Even though she realised these matters were a little too serious for her to know, it was going to be passed along to Hibari eventually, in other words, she'd find out soon too. So it didn't really matter, did it?

...She doubted Hibari would ever stop fighting Dino unless Tsuna intervened though.

So she was around Haru's the next day, fixing charms for the three boys, Tsuna, Yamamoto, and Gokudera.

She didn't even get a reply from Hibari, so she could only guess he was having a good time. He's going to need a shower when he eventually stops fighting.

Wattpad please stop fucking up thanks

I've been wanting to publish this for a week now.