Chapter 2 - Travels within Warrd

I pulled my cloak hood over my head and hugged into it.  We reached the forest edge and saw Warrd. Its towers were dark and its wall was tall, but I wasn't about to turn around now. "Come on," I said continuing our journey towards Warrd. "Eberin, How in the hell are we going to get in there? We can't exactly go and knock on the gates and ask them to let 'Princess of Dawn' meet their King now can we?" Vima stated, I smiled at her and continued to walk.

I looked around to see if the people that came out of the tavern we're close, "good. " The look I got from Vima almost made me lose concentration. I walked up to the wall and placed my hand on in.

I felt the heat leave my body and my hand face through the wall, I looked back and grabbed Vimas hand and pulled her through the wall with me and as soon as we got through we're faced with a brick wall. "Uh, I should have seen that coming," Vima said letting go of my hand.

We both moved like a crab to get out from behind the building. "Eberin, there are like 12-foot guards everywhere, do that thing," Vima said looking back at me. Did I really want to risk my life? To see a man that I would see in a few moons? Do I really want to do this?

Yes. I pulled Vima behind me and I scooted in front. Looking around the corner carefully, three 12 feet guards were standing right outside what looked to be the entrance to the side of the castle. They all had the same cape that came off the one shoulder and touched the floor. They also all had the same weapons, spears. My father used to tell me stories of the men who could throw spears across the lake when the war began, he also told me when the old king died his wish was peace so the burned all the spears guess that wish was revoked. 

I didn't know how I was going to get around them, still, I wasn't about to turn down now. I scanned my surroundings and saw some crates stacked on each other, I bent down and picked up a heavy but small rock. "Here," I said passing it back at Vima. "What the hell am I meant to do with a rock Eberin?" Vima started looking at me like I stupid. Shaking my head and trying not to laugh how dramatic she was being. "You're going to go out the other end and threw the rock at the crates so the gaur-" "I'm going to WHAT NOW?" Before I could finish my sentence Vima chimed in. "Your insane Rin. Like bonkers. The healers at Dawn need to check you out because you are inSANE!" I gave Vima a look of persistence and she sighed. Still holding the rock she said "Fine. But you owe me... Big time for this Rin."

Vima slowly edged her way to the opposite side of the building. I looked behind me to see where the guards gave her the all-clear with a wave. She aimed and threw the rock, it made a loud bang and the crates tumbled down to the ground. Vima rushed back towards me and I took her hand "Pull your hood up more." I said pulling her out into the open. "It worked?" Vima said surprised. The guards rushed to investigate what made them fall and we took advantage of that and ran into the castle.

The tunnels wound around to a grand staircase that still locked hands we began to climb quickly. Travelling the corridors we kept to the dark spots right by the covered windows.  The only light was made from candles, stationed every 20 or so feet. At the end of the first corridor, two large wolf statues were stationed either side of a very tall heavy-looking double door. Instead of opening it I thought it was a great idea to just phase through it. Not letting go of Vima and not checking who or what was on the other side, I phased through. Big mistake. "Eberin... I don't think we're supposed to be here.?!" Vima said as she gripped my hand tightly. I gulped. "I know.."

                                                                                       ***

Cliffhanger... 

Okay, so a bit of a shorter part today, sorry it took me a week to update but my year 12 Formal was on Tuesday and I had to fill out job applications and all that, but i should be good for the next week until Thursday to Sunday. I'll really try to update as much as I can until then!

I hope you like the next chapter and I'm sorry about the ending but i had to keep you into it!

Vote, comment and follow!