Chapter Four

I wake up from my deep sleep to find Sipho staring at me. That's just creepy.

He's not on his phone, he's not dressed and ready to leave. He's staring at me like those husbands who stare at their wives sleeping on the first night of their honeymoon. Except Sipho has fear written all over his face, and this is not a honeymoon.

"Morning, I made you breakfast." That's the first thing out of his mouth.

"Is it poisonous?" I ask with a straight look on my face.

"Hawu! Of course it's not poisonous. Why would I do that to the mother of my child."

Honestly though, niggas need to stop trying to trap us with that "mother of my child" nonsense into forgiving them

I move to the edge of the bed and find my slippers with my feet still sleepy as ever before heading to the bathroom. Shit. I forgot my baby.

I pop my head out of the bathroom door, "Where's Senzo?"

"It's a Saturday, he's on the couch downstairs watching some cartoons. I told him not to wake you."

This doesn't add up. Ever since he could walk he comes charging into my room. Every. Darn. Morning. Regardless.

"Yeah but he comes here first whatever day it is. I didn't hear him."

I'm starting to panic. Where's my baby. I rush out of the bathroom seeing that I'm not going to get any proper explanation from this lunatic.

He's by our bedroom door before I could reach for it. He's standing against it with his back.

"What are you doing!" I ask trying to move him so I could make it out.

"Where's my son?" I'm screaming but his strong body is firmly against the door and I'm too weak to push him away.

"You will not tell your father about our problems." He threatens

I narrow my eyes at him and give him a disgusted look, "Are you so impressed with his money that you'd hurt his grandson to keep it."

"I wouldn't hurt Senzo."

"Then where is he?"

"SENZO!" I scream out at the top of my lungs "SENZO!"

"Ma!" Oh my God, I hear my baby running up the stairs then towards the door. Soon he's banging the door with his tiny fists.

I look into Sipho's eyes they're full of panic and evil, I'm a bit scared now but I have to see my so...

"Ssshhhh" Sipho says with a knife against my rib cage. I can feel it poking my skin with its sharp edge. I didn't even see where he took that knife from.

Now tears are falling silently from my eyes. I don't want this to be the last day I hear my boy. I can't leave him alone in this cruel world. We're a team.

I can still hear his tiny hands banging against the door. Screaming "MA!" My baby is panicking, he's even started crying. He's too young for this.

I slowly step away from the door and he follows me with the knife still against my rib cage. I see the doorknob moving but Senzo is too short to open it that's why I always leave the door slightly open for him every night.

The doorknob hasn't stopped moving. He must be trying his best to open, my poor baby. He stops. He's probably exhausted from all his failed attempts.

A sigh from Sipho.

We still very quiet, I know he's too much of a coward to actually drive this knife in all the way to my heart but I don't wanna risk it.

I can hear Senzo's tiny footsteps rushing down the stairs. He stops for a second and starts running again.