•||Chapter 15- Breaking to save you ||•

Thank you, everyone, for voting and commenting on the previous chapter I love you all :)

*****"*

"Sonakshi, we need to get married."

Dev told her as they sipped their coffee, the cool breeze flashing on her face, the morning affecting her truly.

She frowned and wiggled her brows.

"Dev, I said yes. I mean we are getting married. So, I don't understand "

"We will be getting married next week "

Coffee spilt from her mouth as she tried to recover from the shock. What was he saying? Next week? Is he gone mad?

"Stop joking. " she scolded him.

He laughed dryly and face palmed himself. He wiped the coffee off from his mouth and smiled sadly looking at her. Sonakshi's heart broke looking at him like this.

How much she knew him? But whatever she knew about him, he was one of the best people she ever met. She respected him because he respected her. She adored him and loved to spent time with him. The way his eyes travelled down her body the way his hands hold her when she falls the way his words give her strength and motivation no one ever sounded like this.

"I don't want to hurt you sona" he whispered.

She looked at him curiously digesting his words.

"What happened? I know something is wrong. You are acting like this since yesterday. What happened dev. "

"I am sounding like what "

"Like a broken man. I mean you are not sounding like the dev which I knew. "

"Which dev you know? "

" that dev who lights the whole room with his smile. That dev who takes care of me. That dev who respects everyone. That dev I knew whom I cannot describe in words. "

He smiled sadly at her.

"Then marry me. "

"When did I say that I won't marry you? What's wrong? "

" everything is wrong. Everything is fucking wrong "

He banged his fist on the table she was shaken by his aggressive nature. He was never like this.

" I just want one thing from you Sonakshi. Please marry me. "

"This is not easy dev. We are still trying to understand each other I am still adjusting. I have college, dreams - "

" I know this is not easy Sonakshi. But try to understand I understand and feel everything you are suffering right now. But this is important. I can't see my family suffering. I want you to help me. "