Side Story: Where we started

Prince Shin P.O.V

Back when I was a child, before life removed all my innocence...

I was once a happy child who spent most of my time playing with my mother. Mama's boy, you could call me that. Mas madalas kong makasama ang mommy ko kesa sa daddy ko na laging wala. My mother has always been my support system, she was my only friend. Hindi ako nakikisalamuha sa mga kasing edad kong bata dahil sa sitwasyon ko kaya sya ang nag iisa kong nalalapitan. I could not care less if I don't have friends of my same age, all I know is I'm with my mother and that is all I need.

My mom is a cheerful woman, her eyes never stopped smiling. She glows every time she speaks and nothing ever matter to her more than our family. She's a lovely woman and she deserves every love in this world.

At the age of six, I started training for the Underground Organization, nakakilala ako ng iba't ibang klase ng mga tao. Iyon din ang unang beses na kinailangan kong makihalubilo. It was terrible. The reality of human nature hit me in such a way I would never ever forget.

"Kamusta kaya si Mrs.Lopez? Sigurado ako na grabe ang pinagdadaanan nya ngayon."

"That's for sure, nalaman ba naman nyang may ibang babae ang asawa nya."

"Shh! Wag kayong maingay, nandyan lang si Prince Shin, yung anak nila."

"Kawawang bata."

"Ang alam ko, may anak din daw ang daddy nya sa babae na yun."

"Totoo ba yun? Akala ko rumor lang."

"Hindi din ako sigurado pero halata naman sa itsura ni Mrs. Lopez ngayon na may problema syang kinakaharap."

That's when I noticed the changes of my mother's appearance. Her body became thinner than before, dark circles in her eyes started to appear and her usual glow faded.

Still, she smiles every time she's with me and I could tell that she's struggling... at faking it. Her smiles do not look as genuine as before even her voice sounds so weak.

Those rumors aren't rumors anymore.

  Clearly, she's trying to hide it from me. She doesn't want her little kid to realize that his family is not as perfect; as she wanted it to be.. for me.

"Honey, I'm really sorry. Hindi makakasama si daddy mo dahil nasa isa syang event but don--"

"It's okay mom, don't lie anymore."

Narinig ko ang mga maid na nag uusap kanina, hindi pa umuuwi si Dad, pangatlong araw na syang hindi nagpapakita. Not that it's unusual. He's probably doing something to cover up his wrong doings, he's good at that.

"W-what do you mean? Hindi naman nag sisinungaling si mommy. But don't worry, hindi ka naman iiwan ni mommy mo. Okay? I'll be there throughout your training."

She's trying to smile again though the striking pain in her eyes can't hide.

"I love you mom."

There was a hint of surprise but she covered it with a smile.

"I love you too honey." she said as she hugged me.

"Dad made a huge mistake for hurting you."

I felt her body froze. She looked at me with a worried face.