Chapter 29: Dinner Gone Wrong

ابدأ من البداية

"She went to visit her grandparents." Ashton said, leading me to the dining room.

I mentally did a happy dance.

Ashton planted me on the chair next to him. The same chair I sat on from the last family dinner. Jessica sat next to me and Penny settled beside her.

We were halfway through the food when the backdoor slammed open. All our heads snapped to Nathan who, by the way was half naked and bloody.

Terran and Brandon stood up, suddenly serious.

"There is a rouge attack to the west." Nathan said with wide eyes.

Terran did some quick orders to the people and they all ran out the door, stripping.

Ashton sent Jessica a look and she nodded, gripping my hand.

He was about to leave when I grabbed his arm. A rouge attack? Doesn't rouge mean lone wolf? are they werewolves?

He turned. "Riley, I have to go. Stay with Jessica. She'll be able to protect you."

Before he could go, I gave him a quick kiss. "Don't die." I said, worry in my voice.

He looked surprised for a second then nodded and ran out.

"Come on Riley!" Jessica tugged on my arm. We ran down to the basement and I noticed the women and children following.

Jessica passed me to Sophie who continued to pull me away from the dining room. Just before Jessica went out of sight, I saw her raise her hands and the door shut behind us, locking it.

She was on the other side.

"Wait!" I shrieked.

"What?" Sophie asked.

"Jessica. She's on the other side." Sophie cursed and told Sarah to get her.

We stood in a dark room, you could barely see anything. Sophie got on her knees and lifted the rug, showing a trapdoor.

She opened it and ushered everyone in. I was still confused by the time Sarah came in.

"She won't open the door, Sophie." Sarah said.

Sophie let out a string of curse words and ran her hand through her hair in frustration.

"We can't tell the boys. They will be too distracted. Let's hope she can survive."

I awkwardly cleared my throat. Did they forget I was standing right here?

Sophie sent me a nervous smile. "So... Riley... We have a lot of explaining to do don't we?"

I nodded. "Yup. And you can start with what are you and why rouges are attacking you."

-

Ashton's POV

I ran out the backdoor and didn't bother to take my clothes off as I shifted. Once my paws touched the ground, I took off at full speed to the west side of my territory.

When I got there, there already were tons of wolves attacking. There were some dead ones on the ground.

I spotted the nearest wolf that was being outnumbered by three rouges. I ran towards him and tackled one of the rouges. It growled in surprise and lifted its paw to scratch my face.

I jumped off him and when he got up, I pounced on him. I dug my claws into his back and hung on as he thrashed under me.

I clamped my jaw on his neck and bit down hard. He ran me into the nearest tree, which made me lose my grip on him.