Chapter 13: More Gangsters

Riley's POV

My plan started that very night. Once I heard my father's loud snores, I silently opened my bedroom door and made my way down the stairs. I stepped outside into the warm summer air, feeling just a twinge of freedom.

I turned to walk down the street, looking for the club. Soon, I found a familiar road and started to do a slow jog. Upon hearing the loud music, I started to run. I turned the corner and saw my destination. I was about to go in when a group of people caught my eye.

Squinting, I looked closely. Then I made my way towards them. He seemed to have sensed me nearby and turned around with wide eyes.

"Riley? What're you doing here?"

Justin looked at me curiously. I started to squirm under his accusing gaze. But I didn't have to say anything because Justin said, "That's okay. Probably going for a drink. Although, you don't look like the type who would. Come on, I want to show you some of my friends from the gang."

He lead me to a group of tough looking people. They stopped talking when they saw that someone new had joined the group. I shrank back behind Justin's tall figure.

A guy with blonde hair and pitch black eyes nodded in my direction. "Who's the lovely lady, Justin?" His eyes trained on me the whole time.

Justin tugged me out from behind him and gestured at me. "This is my friend, Riley. Riley, these are my gang mates." He started to introduce the group. He started with the blonde, whose name was Dennis. He then introduces Cole, Jared, and Jamie.

Cole has brown hair and grassy green eyes. Sure he's cute but I know that by judging the way these boys were looking at the rear end of any female species, they were all players. Over all, he is a really nice guy.

Jared was more secluded. I noticed that with his black hair and dark eyes, he would be able to blend in with his surroundings. But his skin was so pale that it almost looked as white as paper.

Jaimie was the most down to earth out of all of them. He had the Californian surfer type of look, with the blonde hair and blue eyes. He would always be smiling and cracking jokes here and there so it wouldn't be awkward.

"So, Riley", Cole started, "you're single, am I right?" He started to wiggle his eyebrows.

"If you two are going to hook up, make sure you use protection. I don't think her dad would be very happy to see you come back pregnant." Jamie said casually. I blushed profusely and looked at my shoes like it was the most interesting thing at the current moment.

Dennis rolled his eyes and mumbled something that sounded awfully like, 'Shit. What was I thinking when I started trying to make friends with him?'

Justin scowled at his friends and put an arm around me. "Sorry that you had to meet them, Riley."

I smiled, "It's fine. I find them... interesting. In a good way."

Dennis pointed at me and looked at Jaimie. "You're lucky she didn't run away. Pretty girls like her only come once in a while."

Jaimie rolled his eyes and slapped Dennis's hand away from him. "Well, come on let's get into the club! I've been waiting to get in for so long!"

Dennis lead the way followed by Cole and Jaimie who were gossiping, then it was Justin and I who were walking in silence and at the back was Jared who had been mute the whole time. I looked at Jared and smiled at him, trying to be friendly, but his face stayed neutral. I started making faces at him but all I got were looks of annoyance and irritation. Getting bored, I struck up a conversation with Justin, "So are these the usual people you hang out with?"

He nodded, "Yup."

"Can you tell me more about them?" I peered at him from the corner of my eyes.

Justin looked thoughtful for a minute before saying, "In the gang, Dennis is the hired murderer. Just like me. He obviously was in the gang before all of us since he is like the leader and he is older. When Cole came, him and Dennis instantly clicked. They were the start of our group of friends. Even if it doesn't look like it, Cole is really good with camouflaging with his surroundings, making him a spy. When I joined, I was not exactly like them, all buff and muscular. I was more on the weaker side. They made up their mind that they'd train me for missions and once I got my job, I founded that I did better than expected. I turned out to be an assassin and spy. By the time Jared came, we were a really tightly knitted group. We decided that one more person wouldn't hurt, so he was in our group. Jared is a thief. He steals things like money or valuables. He is the observer in this group. He doesn't talk much, unless it's urgent or important. And last but not least, Jaimie. Since we were a really close group of friends, we were quite hesitant to accept another person. Somehow, Jaimie managed to get a spot in the group and Ta-da! He's in. Though you'd want to check your pockets because he is good at pickpocketing." I nodded and checked my pockets, relieved that the cash I'd stolen was still in it.

Once we were in the club, I excused myself to look for Paul. Of course I didn't tell them that I was looking for him. I told them I was going to the bathroom.

I made my way through the heaps of people who were grinding against each other. I went to the hallway full of doors that lead to who knows where. Making a wild guess, I peeked into the first door only to shut it quickly. Lets say that behind that door, there is a couple who are trying to hump each other through their clothes.

Taking a deep breath, I looked into the next one, shutting it quickly as well. This process repeated a few times until I reached the sixth door.

I crossed my fingers before inching the door open slowly. I cracked my eyes open when I didn't hear any moans or groans. The sight that met my eyes had me feeling two emotions at once. One was relief and the other was terror.

I saw Paul sitting down on a chair looking at me with a surprised expression. The other person sitting across him was a man with dark hair. When he turned to face me, his icy blue eyes piercing soul. I knew who he was the moment I saw him. Sure he has gotten older and more mature looking, but I still saw him as the man who killed my brother.

Ben Wescott.

~

I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while. Please don't hate me. (⌒-⌒; )

So what do you think of the new characters? Who is your favorite character so far?

Vote

Comment

Sorry...

B00kster (o^^o)