Chapter 14: The Hideout

Thanks to Crystal_Awesome13 for the beautiful cover.

~

Ashton's POV

I paced around the living room going over what had been said during the pack meeting. Rogues. That's what my father had said. There were many sightings of them. It was like they were patrolling our border, looking for a place to attack.

Riley.

I need to make sure she's safe. I can't let the wild dogs harm her.

"Dude, calm down. The rogues haven't attacked yet." Jake said from the couch, watching me with an open eye.

"He's worried about Riley. It's a natural thing for mates to worry about each others' well being." Carly said entering the living room.

Jake rolled his eyes, "I know that. But he's going to wear the floor down."

I felt a weight on my shoulders and saw that Brandon had his arm around me. "Jake is right. You have to calm down. She'll be safe. Remember we all promised to protect her?"

I nodded and took a deep breath before going to sit beside Carly. Then Jessica skipped into the room, seeming happy.

Sophie smiled, "You seem happy, Jessica."

Jessica nodded, "I am just glad I don't have to deal with this mate crap yet. I know it's all special when you find your mate, but I think that it's quite a lot to deal with. You'd have to give half or more of your attention to them and the rest for work. If I were any of you guys, I would be dead on my feet." She yawned. "And talking also makes me sleepy. So good night sleep tight. Tell mom that I'm skipping dinner."

"Will do." Jake mumbled.

-

Riley's POV

I groaned and sat up, holding my hand to my head, trying to stop the world from spinning too much. I scanned my surroundings, trying to recalling what happened last night but it all came back fuzzy.

"Oh good. You're up."

My head snapped to the voice. Bad choice. I groaned again, closing my eyes until the spinning stopped. I slowly dragged my eyes up the person's body until my eyes connected with his.

"Cole?"

"That's my name." He said looking at me in amusement.

"Where am I?"

He spread his arms gesturing around him, "You are in the Hell's Angel's hideout."

My eyes widened, "What?!"

"What?" He asked clueless.

"But... I... What?" I stumbled over my words.

Cole looked at me expectantly as though he was waiting for me to combust.

Once I finally collected myself, I asked, "How did I get here?"

"I don't know what really happened, but we were at the bar, you left and we went to get a drink. But when we were about to go dancing, Justin saw Ben and he was telling us to come over to him. When we came over, he handed us you. I know that he doesn't want us to question, but he did say to bring you to the hideout. So here you are in the extra room."

I scrunched my eyebrows together as I looked around the room. It was a navy blue wall and a closet to the side and a bathroom to my left.

"Where's Justin?"

"He needed to do some stuff for Ben."

I cringed when he said his name. "When is Justin coming back?" I asked softly.

Cole shrugged, "I don't know. Since he's an assassin and all, it might take him a few hours before he comes back."

There was a knock on the door and Jaimie's head peaked in.

"Hello", He sang in a high voice.

I waved. "Hey."

"Can I come in? Seeing that you are decent and all..." He trailed off, looking at the other half of my body that was covered by the blanket.

Cole rolled his eyes, "Yes, you may come in."

"Only me?" Jaimie asked as he came in. "There are more visitors." Then Jared and Dennis followed behind Jaimie.

Jared came to stand beside the bed I was lying in and bent down to look at me, "Are you feeling better?" His voice was so quiet I almost didn't catch what he'd said.

I smiled, happy he had asked, "Yeah. I'm feeling way better. Don't worry about me."

When I knew that no one was going to talk, I asked, "Can I explore this place? Or will they kill me at first sight?"

The boys glanced around at each other nervously before Dennis spoke for the first time. "Yeah, I guess it'd be fine. As long as one of us is always around you, you'd be safe. Anyways, you would need to stretch your legs and sitting in the bed won't be much of a help."

I got off the bed and headed to the door with them trailing behind me. I entered a dark corridor that seemed to go on forever. Jaimie tugged on the sleeve of my hoodie, making me follow him. We strolled down the hallway until we entered a large room. And by large, I mean a room that can fit four gyms.

I was gaping at the number of people who were inside socializing. Jaimie got in front of me and spread his arms. "This is where the meetings are held. Ben would stand on that stage and talk about other gangs challenging us for the land or if we have a new member or... you know what I mean."

We continued touring the place as I was taking in all that they were saying, I noticed I was getting some stares. I met a few other friendly people, but I was too shy to say hello. So when someone comes to say hi, I would hide behind one of the guys and mumble a greeting.

"Oh look", Jaimie said out loud, "Justin's back." He pointed at a figure walking around the room. Then Jaimie started shouting Justin's name really loud. I was very conscious of the stares we were getting but most of the people weren't looking. It was like they were used to it.

As Justin got closer, his face got clearer. And judging from his expression, he wasn't happy.

He stormed up to Jaimie and hit his head. "How many time do we gave to tell you to not yell?!"

"Whoa, dude calm your tits. You don't spaz out on Jaimie. You never do... unless you failed your mission." Dennis said thoughtfully.

Cole jumped into the conversation, "Did you?"

Justin scowled. "No I didn't. I killed him."

"Then what's wrong?" Cole asked, eye twitching.

Justin looked at me as he said, "You know the loner guy?" We all nodded. "I was talking to him just now and I asked him what his name was. He said his name was..."

No freaking way.

~

Did you like this chapter? What's gonna happen? Who is this loner guy?

Vote

Comment

Mom's home

B00kster ☆〜(ゝ。∂)