Chapter 29: Dinner Gone Wrong

Riley's POV

I braced myself, ready for the door to open.

It clicked and swung open.

"Hey Riley." Ashton greeted, sending me a smile.

I mentally let out a sigh of relief and let a smile of my own slip onto my face.

"Hey." I walked to him and went on my toes to peck him on the lips.

He was stunned when I pulled away. I grinned and skipped by him. However, I didn't get far because his hand caught my wrist and pulled me back to him. He turned me around and placed his lips back on mine.

I kissed him back, tangling my hands in his hair. His arms snaked around my waist, bringing me closer. I quickly pulled away before his tongue could ask for entrance.

He groaned as I giggled and ran to the kitchen.

I was tackled to the floor before I could place my foot on the kitchen ground.

The thirteen-year-old girl on top of me was giggling wildly.

"Hey Riley," Jessica chirped.

"Hi Jessica." I groaned out.

She got off and I noticed another girl beside her. She had wild fiery red hair and really pale green eyes.

"Hi," the red head said smiling. She was much more tame than Jessica. "I'm Penny."

I got off the floor and offered her my hand. She took it and gave it a firm shake.

"This is Riley, Ashton's crush and now his girlfriend. Riley, this if my best friend, Penelope." Penelope gave Jessica a harsh glare.

"It's Penny." She stated.

"Penelope prefers to be called Penny." Jessica said, emphasizing Penelope.

I jumped as a hand grabbed mine. "So you've met the two devils." Ashton said, playfully glaring at Jessica and Penny.

Penny had a tinge of pink on her cheeks and she looked away. I raised my eyebrow, surprised.

Then I followed Ashton into the kitchen. "I think Penny has a crush on you." I whispered into Ashton's ear.

He chuckled. "So I've heard."

"Aww," a voice said from ahead of me. I beamed as Hayley and Terran came.

"Hello Hayley, Terran." I said smiling.

"Don't they look adorable, Terri?" Hayley cooed.

Terran looked uncomfortable and embarrassed. "Um...."

Ashton snorted. "Terri? Seriously?"

Terran shot his son a glare. "Don't make me use the middle name, Ashton."

"What's the middle name?" I asked, curious.

Hayley grinned.

"Mom..." Ashton warned.

"Ashton Bryan Slade." Hayley practically shouted.

I looked at Ashton. "That isn't so bad... Did you know that your initials say abs?"

Ashton's face twisted into a scowl. "I know."

Hayley laughed.

"Hey Riley." Nathan said patting me on the head. I slapped his hand away and ran my hand through my hair to smooth it down.

"I'm going for a jog. So see you in a few." He waved and ran out of the backdoor.

"So...where's Erin?" I tried bringing her up casually.