Part Six

Remington's POV

I startle awake to a quiet knocking. Holding my breath, I listen out for if I can hear it again, or whether it was just something outside. It happens again, just as quiet as the first one. Cautiously, I slip out of bed, and pad to the door. I open it to find Andy crouched behind it.

My eyes must be deceiving me. I rub them, but he's still there. His face is tearstained, and he's shaking so badly.

"Andy." I whisper hoarsely. He stares at me with wide eyes.

"Y- you told me to come, and get you, if anything happened..." His barely audible, raspy voice trails off, and he looks down.

"I'm sorry."

I sigh, and him my hand out, to which Andy takes gratefully. I pull him up off the floor, and straight into my arms. Andy clings to me. We stand hugging for at least a minute, before I pull him inside. After shutting the door behind us, I pull Andy into the bathroom, as not to wake my sleeping brother while talking to him.

"What happened?" I ask, placing a hand on his soft face. It's blotchy with tears, and his cheek is damp to the touch.

"It's nothing, nothing to worry about. I just- can- can I stay here? I- I can sleep on the floor." He replies, his desperate, and innocent face making me want I burst into tears myself.

"It is something." I insist, and begin to stroke his cheek with my thumb. I watch as Andy softens at my touch, making me smile.

"She just-" He pauses a little, before continuing. "Got a little drunk, while she was out, and... wanted the room to herself. And, she got it." He mumbles the last part.

"Forcefully, might I add."

I reach up to the new cuts, and bruises that have appeared on his face since I last saw him. Moving closer to him, so that our bodies are touching, I can feel him still shaking against me.

"It doesn't matter." Looking up at him, I notice that Andy's eyes are filled with tears again. I wipe them away instantly, unable to watch him cry again.

"It does." I whisper. "We need to speak about this... But, she won't let you." At my words, he bows his head.

We stand for a minute or two, just in each others company, as I stroke the back of his hand with my thumbs. Hearing a sniff, I look up to find a few tears drip down his face. I wipe them away, and take a hold of his face. Bringing his down to mine, I kiss Andy's lips gently. He doesn't pull away; instead, he kisses me back. His lips are soft, and cushiony. I smile a little, before breaking away. A blush appears on his pale cheeks.

"I think that you should get some rest." I say quietly, stroking his redden cheek.

Andy nods, and I guide him out of the bathroom.

I wander over to my bed, watching my brothers as they sleep soundly. Or so I think.

"Why are you up? Where are you going? Who's that?" My head jolts to the middle bed, as Emerson sits upright. He watches in the gloom.

"It's nothing, go back to sleep." I instruct, taking Andy's cold hand, and sitting him on the bed.

"Who is it?" My younger brother persists, turning around to face me. As my eyes adjust to the darkness, I find that his eyes are locked onto Andy. I sigh.

"It's just Andy, calm down. And, before you ask me why he's here..." I pause, not really knowing how to answer the question that hasn't already been asked. Emerson looks at me expectantly.