Epilogue

Cassie sighed and stirred the tea slowly. Her husband had died a week ago and she was all alone. That made her sad but another thing made her sadder, she was yet to hear from her young friend Oma and she was worried.

What decision had she made? She thought and brought the teacup to her lips. Did she file for a divorce? What did Seun say?

She sighed again. Oma was a young and inexperienced girl that let her heart control her. It was just sad she had to find herself in such situation, it was sad really. She closed her eyes and prayed that God would give her friend the strength to cope  and survive it all. It wasn't easy, even she had gone through the same thing. She had to sacrifice the one she loved the most to live the life she lived now. She was patient and now her husband was no more. She could go back to the one her heart had wanted...that is if he wasn't married. Not that her dead husband was bad, she never really loved the man.

She made to take another sip and saw Seun's picture flash on the television screen. With a frown, she reached for the remote and turned up the volume.

The female reporter was saying, "....he was found dead, cut up and stabbed, and another girl was who on his bed was found in the same condition. Investigations are underway as the gateman had claimed to have seen Mr. Seun's young wife run out of the compound covered in blood. No one has sighted her ever since, not even her mother and no other person has come out to say anything else. Another body which was recovered under the bridge that leads to the same Diamond estate had been identified as Mr. Dikachi Amadi. The police are yet to find out if this body is linked to the murders of Mr. Seun and his maid...."

Cassie's hand shook and the cup fell from her hand, and crashed on the floor. She felt cold and out of breath.

"Oma! What have you done?!"