Friendship Bracelets

The marble stone looks even better than when I chose it. That's good, you deserved something beautiful. It looks cold though. I wish I could offer you some sort of jacket or light a fire to keep you warm, but I can't. Not anymore. I made them engrave it. I would be a monster not to. It doesn't just say your name. It says everything I forgot to tell you. It says how I'm sorry, how you're beyond breathtakingly beautiful, how you deserved a better life. And of course, it also reads the dates, but I can't even look at them. I don't bother to inquire why. I will receive no answer and besides, I have come to a good enough conclusion on my own. As I stare at the freshly re-packed dirt, my calloused fingers find their way to the band on my left wrist. The one you still wear on yours as well. Funny, how a little bit of string is all I have left and yet, I wouldn't trade it for anything, except maybe to have you back. The bracelet is still stiff from dragging you out of the bathtub, from catching some of my salty tears while I dialed the three numbers. I wasn't fast enough. I left you all alone for too long and you thought you were abandoned. And we both know, that water is said to cleanse all. But on those late nights, I didn't mean to tell you how to do this. The water was supposed to help you clean up the blood, not get rid of it all together. I'd beg you to come back, but that is pointless. I blame myself for this, and all I have to say sorry is a few dead roses. Of course, I have a promise as well. I'll keep this bracelet on my wrist as long as you do the same, and I'll make sure no one ever suffers the same fate as you. I'll make sure water never washes anyone else away. But I won't come back. I can't. So this is farewell. So long, dear friend. I hope you appreciate the beautiful headstone.

------
A/N: I was simply too lazy to space this one out. Oops. I'm very sorry about that.