010 | heart to heart

Seeing Dom looking down at the papers again, I walked up to him and put my hand on his arm

Seeing Dom looking down at the papers again, I walked up to him and put my hand on his arm. "You did a great job with me. More than anyone could have asked for".

I'm sure when I was born, no one expected my parents to die. They wouldn't have thought that my brother would take up the mantle of father and for Letty to step in as a mom.

For our family to band together in hard times and come out stronger, sure, we all have our own imperfections. People didn't understand our way of life, how we take in people and make them part of our family.

"You are the reason we're all here together. You've given up so much for us. Put yourself on the back burner to ensure we all had what we needed. The one to hold my hands through life every day, and I'll never be able to tell you how much I appreciate you stepping up for me".

Dom got up from his seat and wrapped his arms around me as we looked at the rest of the family, only to see them smiling at us. My sister had tears in her eyes as the others stood in quiet, thoughtful silence.

I opened my arm, and they all crowded in for our special Toretto thankful hugs. My arm wrapped tightly around my sister, who pressed a small kiss to my head.

"Lee, are you crying?" I heard Letty ask as me, Dom and Mia held each other especially close. Hopefully, what I said struck something in them, and I was genuinely grateful for them both.

Leon shook his head. "Nah, the girl just gives good speeches, is all. Plus, I have allergies," He says, wiping the corner of his eyes as we all laugh, the atmosphere back to normal as we pull away.

A tow truck pulls up by the garage doors, and we all look at it silently until Brian walks back up to us, smiling happily. His eyes stop on me for a second before they go back to my brother.

"All right, what the hell is this? What do you got there?" Dom asks as he leans up against the door with a smirk looking to be his confident self again.

Brian points at the smashed-up red car on the bed of the truck. "This is your car," He tells Dom seriously.

"My car?" Dom repeats as Jesse bangs on the car door, "I said a 10-second car, not a 10-minute car" I stand next to Dom with a grin letting out a laugh.

"You could push this across the finish line or tow it," Jesse mumbles to us, and Letty sniggers leaning back against the car she was currently fixing up, looking the epitome of 'mechanic chic.'

"You couldn't even tow that across the finish line," I sass as my family backed me up. Jesse leaned against me as he belted out a laugh tapping his forehead against my cheek playfully.

Brian just playfully glares at me. "No faith," he gestures to us with his hand raising his eyebrows.

"I have faith in you, but this isn't a junkyard. This is a garage," Dom points to the cars we have inside, and it is true this is a garage, but some of the cars I've seen here are probably better off at the scrapyard.