Davina's Cabin

"Brother! Niklaus!" Elijah shouts into the compound, disrupting mine and Hayley's peace. With a sigh, I force myself to a stand and follow her down the stairs.

"You do realise that literally everyone in here has supernatural hearing, right?" Hayley asks with a smirk as I long to go back to bed.

"Where is my brother? " Elijah asks, ignoring her snarky comments.

" I'll check his calendar... Wait, no. Not his wife, so.." Throw a girl under the bus much.

"I don't know."I say, shrugging my shoulders in the hope that they would not question me any further.

"Hayley,this city is under siege by an army of beasts following my deranged mother's every command. Now, considering it was your people who just declared war on my kind, now's not the best time for your particular brand of sass." Quietly, well- my quietly, i snicker at the shocked, sort of embarrassed expression on her face.

"Klaus left a while ago. If you want to find him, I can't help you. If only there was a magical device that people used to call people? I don't know, I'm out of ideas. Good luck."She says, turning away... Someone missed their coffee this morning... With a sigh, I turn away from Hayley to Elijah.

With a shrug of my shoulders, I skip out f the compound, ready to see a witch who's face I have missed...Davina loves me enough to trust me with the where abouts of her cabin.

____________________________________________________

Knocking lightly on the door, I hear a small whimper of pain, causing me to call Davina's name out.

"Davina, you have to invite me in!" I call.

"You can come in." She calls weakly back.

I push the door open, closing it behind me , striding over to where Davina rests on the couch. She looks pained, her ankle resting on the arm rest as I sigh, sitting down next to her.

"Trouble magnet." I mutter under my breath as she giggles lightly.

Another knock is heard on the cabin door as I stare at her curiously, confusion lacing my face. She calls out to them to come in and so they do. A curly haired boy stands before us, little dimples appearing in his cheeks as he smirks, a bag of what looks like herbs in his hand.

I sigh, Davina has another crush...

" Yeah, I've heard about this! I've never actually seen it firsthand. It appears someone has knocked you head over heels, quite literally! "The man says as Davina giggles, I, 'very' discreetly gag" And I thought I'd have that honour!"

Davina smiles as the man gets a scoop of herbs and wipes it across Davina's injured foot, she wrinkles her nose up n disgust, but to me, it just smells like Matt and Tyler's sweaty jersey's.

"Ugh, it smells like--"

"The wrong end of something quite dead? Yeah. It's just a little something I picked up from a shaman bloke in Uganda. "He finishes treating her ankle as I stare at him,judging whether he can be trusted around my little D" There you go!"

" Wow, the pain is just--" She stumbles on her numb foot, coincidentally falling into the overly flirty mans arms as I watch his every moves.

"It's magic, alright? It's not a miracle." he says, resting her back on the couch.

He nods towards the vials and other juju stuff she has on a table as I narrow my eyes at him.

"That's quite the spell you've got going here! I mean, not to pry, but I figured you had your secrets after our last date ended in a werewolf bar brawl." My eyes widen as I turn to look at her, she squirms slightly, knowing that we will have words later, but for now, I turn back to the man in front of me.

"Do I know you? You seem oddly familiar."I say, speculatively. He shakes his head no, but my eyes don't miss the panicked look that swept across his face, for the sake of it, I decide to go along with it.

__________________________________________________

" Your phone is chock full of texts. Who's Cami?" The man asks, peering down at her phone.

As she takes the phone from him, I catch what a few of them say from over her shoulder.I really need you to answer me!" "HE KNOWS WHERE YOU ARE!"

With a sigh, I add my own comment on the end to her,"I won't let him hurt you."she smiles at me gratefully.

Both the man and Davina take each others hands and begin to chant as I sit, pretending to know what they are saying.

Davina and the man duck as a javelin like thing soars through the window, my eyes widen as her head makes contact wit a trunk, causing her to lose consciousness.

"Enough games, Davina! Send out my father! Let's finish this" Klaus shouts. My eyes widen as Mikael, somehow back from the dead grabs the man by his throat.

"Release me! Or I will kill you right now!" My eyes widen even more, not in fear for myself, but for Klaus.

" DAVINA! Is this not why you brought him for? I'm not afraid!"Klaus yells from outside as the man begins to chant again.

Mikael hurries out of the door. "I'm only eager to stand over your burning corpse again. Only this time, I intend to enjoy it more." Klaus's voice says.

Mikael must have a very quiet voice...

" Well, then, I'd hate to keep you waiting!"

I stand in the doorway, terrified as they lunge at each other, sighing in relief when Klaus manages to floor Mikael.

"Oh my Gosh, you're alright." I say, rushing into his open arms, he seems stunned, as if he only just noticed my presence.

I bury my head into his shoulder as his hand reaches up to caress my hair.

_______________________________________

"Oh. Hello, darling. Back to huff and puff and blow the house down?" The man asks as the two of us enter Davina's cottage.

"You know, it's funny how often a person's sharp tongue can end up cutting their own throat." Klaus spits back, his hands resting on my waist from behind me.

Klaus groans, addressing me instead of the man boy.

"I promised not to kill Davina. I said nothing of this insolent sod." He growls as I shake my head, knowing he'll get the message. Klaus sighs, turning his attention back to the boy.

"You've got a way with words." Klaus says, pausing."You seem to have crossed continents to order to weasel your way into Davina's good graces, thereby meddling in my family business. Strange, isn't it?"

The boy says nothing, apparently answering Klaus's suspicions.

"Unless it's your family business. You know, ever since my mother and Finn, I was wondering when you might make an appearance, Kol." 'Kol', laughs, amused...

__________________________________

Jack Maynard in the jungle!!!