Cemetery

I sit on a chair in the compound, dried tears resting on my cheeks as I watch Elijah bend down to Papa Tunde's corpse, for a change, I add no sarcastic comments, no Evie-spunk.

" Can I get you anything, brother? A magnifying glass? A pipe, perhaps?" Klaus says, sarcastically.

"You have a theory you'd like to share with us, Niklaus?" Elijah asks, sighing in annoyance.

"Back in the day, the witches wanted to send a threat, they'd just kill a chicken and leave it on your doorstep." Marcel says, frowning in confusion upon noticing my tear streaked face.

"It's rather a large and ominous chicken, wouldn't you say?" Elijah says as Marcel leaves to approach me, pulling me into a hug, asking no questions.

"Papa Tunde defeated Rebekah with ease, almost got the two of us as well. If he was supposed to be the prize fighter, why leave him for dead in our front yard?" Klaus says, frowning at Marcel and I.

"Well, don't you look cheery. Listen to this-- A girl literally exploded from a grave today as Sabine was giving a tour of the city of the dead. It was Monique Deveraux" Rebekah says as Marcel rubs soothing circles into my back."The tourists thought it was part of the show, but the witches are celebrating like it's some kind of bloody miracle."

" I have a theory about who one of them could be. Celeste. I mean, it's got to be. Davina was trying to tell us, she was drawing pictures of Celeste. She was warning us that a great evil is coming." Hayley says, entering the compound as I pull away from Marcel.

"First, Papa Tunde returns to settle old scores, now your murdered lover is back. This isn't witches attacking vampires. They're declaring war on us." Klaus says. I try to follow Marcel as he leaves the room, but of course, Klaus hasn't had enough for one day.

"Evie." He says, causing me to stop, forcing myself to turn around I glare at him.

"What?" I spit in annoyance. He sighs, looking up at me.

"If you had just done what I said-"

I interrupt him, furiously. "You are such a controlling bastard. You always wonder why your siblings betray you..."I pause," It's because you pull things like this." His eyes darken as he steps closer to me.

"Evie-" He begins, but it's already too late, my hand has swung back and thwarted his face. He stands shell-shocked as I turn around, and walk, like a bad ass with a huge pregnancy bump up the stairs.

_______________________________________________________________

I sigh, twiddling with my fingers as I debate whether or not to make a certain phone call. Pulling out my phone, I sigh again, forcing myself to do it.

"Hello." A voice says, from the other side of the phone.

"Josh?"I question, already knowing that it is him, "Please help hide me, I can't stay cramped here any longer."

_________________________________________________________________

I smile happily as I tug my bags over my shoulder, knowing this ought to be easy since Klaus is not here at the moment, Elijah, Hayley and Marcel will do nothing to stop me, providing they know that I am safe.

"They're putting eyes and ears out everywhere. Daywalkers are working every contact we've got. Cops, dock workers, guys in the Treme... Word is out: anyone trying to earn favour with me gets a lifetime of it if they find them." Marcel says to Elijah as I enter the compound.

Both of them pause, turning to look at me,"Where are you going, Eve?" Marcel asks, staring at the bags on my shoulder. i sigh, knowing that I can trust him.