Whenever I'm cold, he's warm. Whenever I'm hot, he's cold. He's perfect. I miss his smell, I miss his hair, I miss his bed, I miss his personality, I miss his eyes, I miss the way he smiles goofily whenever I walk into a room, I miss his drawings, I miss his hugs, DAMN IT, I miss him!

I want Hiccup.

I wanna hug him until he can't breathe anymore.

I want him to be all mine.

I want to steal him, and die wrapped up together of thirst, because we never move.

Orange colored light filter through the slats above my door, fading into a gentle auburn pink that reminds me of Hiccup's hair. No! Stop thinking about him! I hear a soft rapping on the door, and when I look over, and piece of paper is slipped underneath, followed by running footsteps down the walkway, probably Snotlout trying to get away.

Hiccup's running pattern is different because of his metal leg. It's more calming.

Wiping away new tears I didn't even realize were falling until now, I drag myself from the floor and walk over to unfold the paper.

A map. I instantly recognize Hiccup's giant map, downsized, and notice a new island in the corner. How smart of him.

He knows that I've examined that map more than anything, and would immediately notice something new. I squint to read the name in the dim light, a tiny scribble among simple sketch paper. When I finally understand it, my heart flutters.

Astrid.

He named the island after me.

In moments, I'm dressed, pulled together, and mounting onto Stormfly. What if he's breaking up with me? What if he's proposing? My heart beats harder at this, but I settle the nervousness. Don't hope too much. He'll probably ask in a million years, when we're skeletons. If he even does ask.

I just think he's afraid of change. And honestly, I am too. But I'm willing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The water is a soft glaze, mirroring a gorgeous pinky orange that tints the clouds and accentuates the peaks of frosty white waters.

As we approach the island, I find myself smiling. It's exactly what I've always dreamed of.

I've talked about my dream island for years now, and here it is. A gorgeous waterfall cascades down the face of a hill winding up the sides, dark trees sprouting out the bright grass, a sudden softness from the rocky, watered down shores. It's small, just enough room for a small amount of people and two or so dragons.

Stormfly lands instinctively, and immediately runs off towards a gathering of trees and bushes, filled with berries.

Hiccup really worked hard to find something perfect. The only question is, why?

I make my way down to the beach, settling on a rock that juts out higher than the others, a dark and shiny stone. I admire the way it glints in the setting sunlight, glimmering deep and rich purples, blues, and reds.

I simply stare out into the sunset, suddenly sad that I won't get to share this moment with Hiccup, if he's even here.

A cold hand slips into mine. I look down to see someone settled next to me. I look up. It's him.

He smiles at me, he knows what I was thinking. I feel like crying, but I have no tears to shed, I'm too happy to see his face. I lean into his shoulder, and he rests his head atop mine, just like we've always done.

Now that he's here, the sunset is so much more beautiful. I can't imagine anything in nature I've ever seen so amazing. It's as if every color has been given new life, brighter than ever before, indescribable.

M eyes drift closed, and I allow them to. A soft whisper.

"I missed you."

"I missed you too."

"Why did you have to leave?"

"It was only for a day."

"I nearly died without you close to me."

"It'll all be worth it." With that, he turns my chin towards him, searching my eyes. "Astrid." My breath catches.

"Yes?"

"Please."

"Please what?"

"Please follow me." I nod, and he takes my hand gently. Purple streaks across the sky to make way for an inky blue as he leads me towards the waterfall, water gushing gently from a spring above us.

Light glows from behind it, a secret cave. He smiles, leading me behind to reveal something that nearly takes my breath away.

Soft light glows from underneath a pool of clear water, soft lighting for the dim area, walls covered in clumps of blue purple crystals. I turn to him, smiling.

"You really looked hard for this, didn't you?" He grins, taking my hand.

"I needed somewhere perfect to do this." He reaches into a pocket of his flight suit, fumbling around for a bit before pulling out a tiny package and waggling it around playfully. I laugh.

Rose petals float gently towards the glowing blue water, from a bush of gorgeous flowers atop a crevice in the rock's face.

"What, are you finally proposing or something?" He looks up at me, a tone of seriousness in his face. My breath stops. "Wait, Hiccup.. Are you..?" Nothing else for me to say. He takes my hands, holding them to his chest and pressing his forehead to mine.

I can scarcely breathe. My heart is pounding into my ears. He closes his eyes, breathing heavily, and I do the same. I can only hear his heart and mine, perfect synchronization.

"Astrid. I've loved you for a long time now. You know that." He reaches up and puts a hand to my cold cheek, warmth flowing and slicing from his hand. I peek my eye open to see him looking more mature and handsome than ever. My heart aches as I squeeze it shut.

"I've been afraid to ask you this for some time now." He chuckles, and I nearly lose my train of thought, it's so adorable. "You know that for a fact." I laugh, squeezing his hand.

"Yeah, I know." He lifts my chin up to him, and my eyes flutter open to see him staring right at me. A gentle whisper escapes from his lips.

"Astrid?" Crap, I'm gonna faint. 

"Y- Yes?" He bends down, one knee. Oh Thor, this is actually happening. He's humming a song that sounds like For the Dancing and the Dreaming as he unwraps a simple, yet beautiful ring. 

He looks up to me and smiles, taking my hand and positioning the ring right above my finger before looking up to me and asking for permission, asking me for the one thing I've always wanted him to.

"Astrid? Will you marry me?"

Not even gonna say anything, I'm just gonna go cry tears of joy.