- Chapter Seventeen -

Start from the beginning

Alina went to sit behind the counter when she heard the door open. She turned around and came to face with a tall man who carried himself with such intimidation. Alina unconsciously took a step back as she mumbled a "welcome".

The man before her was tall with broad shoulders. His physique was massive compared to her skinny, short frame. But what took her by surprise were his facial features. They gave her a nagging feeling that she's seen him before but can't put a finger on it. He had an oval face with dark brown locks of hair. His eyes, eyes that were dark brown, stared into her own with a glint of something she couldn't place.

"Alina?" He asked, but it came out more like a statement than a question.

Alina nodded. "Are you the man who wanted a consultation?" He nodded as he smiled cooly towards her. Alina ignored her instincts yelling at her to run and gestures at the doors besides her, "Please follow me to my office... Mr?"

"Call me Damien. Damien Servos."

Alina's eyes widened in shock. She stood there for a moment as the man waited for her to digest the information. This was the alpha that had been in search of Alina. The alpha who wants to use her, to control her, just like the alpha who had captured her as a child.

Alina looked behind him, conflicted with the fact that she can't run towards the entrance. So she bolted to her office, closing it behind her and locking it. She glanced all around her office, panic seeping into her core as she searched for a way out. She only had one window but who knows if she'll open it in time. She heard slow, yet heavy, foot steps coming her way while the man taunted her from the other side. "There's no use. I have surrounded the area, and the best part is that nearby packs have given me their help by giving me wolves to attack this poor of an excuse town." Alina shut her eyes in shame. She had brought this fate upon those around her. Those poor pregnant women. And Micah. Alina desperately hopes that Micah runs away safely.

"I must say." Damien continued. "I have to thank your kindness for all this. You helped a rouge about a year ago from spiraling down the path of darkness. But her loyalty, typical rouge, belonged to no one. Therefore, it was very easy for her to spill everything she knew about you. Especially about this town you hide in."

Alina's heart began pounding erratically as betrayal settled inside her soul. She couldn't allow him to taunt her, she can worry about the sense of betrayal later once she has gotten herself out of this mess. Alina opened her eyes and ran towards the window just as Damien pushed the door open with all his force, breaking it in the process. Wood splinters flew everywhere just as Alina braced herself against the window, shattering it as she jumped out. Shards of glass scraped her skin and caught against her jeans, digging themselves inside her skin. But Alina ignored the pain as she began to run towards the forest.

Damien stood by the window, a small look of incredibility on his face. He couldn't believe she just did that. But with a signal of a whistle coming from him, Alina was suddenly tackled to the ground by a heavy body. Alina yelped out in pain, tears streaming down her face as she realized that it was impossible to run away this time. She didn't have Isaiah by her side or that kind boy from her childhood.

Alina felt a large hand crawl its way towards her neck as it began to squeeze, blocking her air canals from breathing. Alina's eyes turned red as as he struggled against the hand. She knew she wasn't going to die, but the way they wanted to immobilize her was horrendous.

Alina had stopped crying and struggling as her body began shutting down. The man above her tustve felt her fight giving away, however he continued to squeeze. Perhaps they really did wanted her dead, Alina thought.

A pair of boots came in front of her hazy vision. She slowly tried looking up, but she couldn't because of the man who tackled her to the ground. "Let her go." She heard. But it wasn't Damien's voice. It was someone completely different. It held authority, but it hadn't caused a cold chill of fear run through her spine. He had actually sounded somewhat similar to her.

The man on top of her released his grip and stood up altogether. He kicked her side, causing her to roll over. Alina, numb to the pain, simply tried to maintain consciousness, however it was futile. Her eyes began closing, but not before looking at the man who had somewhat saved her from being choked to death.

____________________________________________________________________

A/N       Posted: (11-13-17)

Two Chapters in one night!! YAYA!!! I was in writing mode, I couldn't let my ideas disappear if I had waited for tomorrow.

Damien has finally found Alina, yikes! What will happen to Alina? What happened to everyone in the small town Alina was hiding in?

All answers to your questions will possibly be answered in the next chapter.

Please Comment & Vote!!

PS. If you've read my vampire book; A Cold Awakening, just know that ill be unpublishing it soon for major revising. So the second book will be put on hold for now while I focus my attention on this story.