Chapter XI - The Nature Of The Beast

The Executioner's POV
I sat on the bed as my scar when Crescent first emerged was needed to be cleaned.
"How much longer?" I winced.
"It wouldn't hurt as much if you only stood still, sweetheart."
"You're right. More or less, Crescent felt something when we returned."
"What's that?"
"Seeing how Crescent is half demon, he sensed that the Hivemind is gonna hit hard."
"How hard?"
"Does 'we're all gonna die' ring a bell?"
"If you put it that way."
"Let Crescent talk to Slendy about this."
"All done?"
"Yep." I jumped off and hugged her.
"Thanks, Nurse."
"Anytime, X."
Slendy's office...
"He's what?!"
"Yes. Coming. 27 young Zalgoids are coming."
"27? Including Zalgo?"
"Yes. The number stands at 27 so far. They'll decrease slowly."
"Perfect. Also there's something I have to tell you."
"And that is?"
"I want to make you and Crescent proxies."
My jaw dropped. Proxy?
"Wow. That's a big jump. Slendy, are you sure?"
"Yes, my child. You'll have to say the pledge first."
"OK. I'm here to serve. I will not disobey or lie to my master. I will be with my partner whether I like it or not. After I accept this life, I cannot return to my old one. I'm nor human nor demon. I am a proxy, and I am here to serve my master."
"By the power vested in me, I declare The Executioner and Crescent proxies. Congratulations." And that was when I felt a burning sensation on my wrists. The operator sign.
I walked out of Slendy's office and there stood everyone.
"Congrats on being proxy, X and Crescent." Clockwork said.
"Thanks guys. Means a lot."
"And to commemorate you both being proxies, I got this for you."Clockwork handed me a parcel. It was a long trench coat but one side was red and the other white.
"Clocky, thank you."
"Don't thank me, thank your fellow proxy."
"Toby, thanks."
"And I got this for you." It was a crescent shaped dagger.
"A dagger?"
"It's for Crescent. He'll need it."
"Congratulations, X, Crescent. I have a little gift." L. Jill cheered.
"And that is?"
"This." Just out of thin air, a musket was made. Designed in a steampunk design, it looked real.
"LJ, I'm amazed. Thanks, all of you. And we have bad news. Zalgo's coming."
"Oh shit." Jeff growled.
"When?"
"Soon. Crescent doesn't know when, but soon. So right now, all of you, meet me in the forest."
The forest...
"OK. We're here. Now these demons like the first strike, so we have to be fast." Crescent internally said.
I sparred with Jeff who was indeed fast as hell. I tackled him to the ground and pulled my blade to his neck. As soon as I was about to stab, he countered and pinned me to the ground.
"I win."
"Badass." I smirked.
We got up and I changed into Crescent.
Crescent's POV
"Anybody else?" I drew my sickles as Toby stepped in.
"Always wanted to do this." He charged and I blocked.
"Remember, defense." I kicked him off and I charged in. He swayed and tried to strike.
I countered and pinned him to the ground. I locked his left leg and drew my sickle at his throat.
"That's how easy you'll die. Don't let them take you to the ground, they live and breathe ground and pound."
"Duly noted until this." He reversed the lock and pinned me to the ground. From then on it was ground war.
"Enough." Slendy said.
"Tie?"
"Tie."
We got up and brushed ourselves off.
After 6 duels...
"Crescent. Wanna go?" Lazari asked.
"I thought you'd never ask."
We walked to our makeshift battleground.
She turned into her demon form as she took the first strike. She stomped me into a tree.
"Nice." We both charged in and blocked our attacks.
"Not bad yourself, Cressy-bear."
"Ixnay on the name-ay, Lazari." I charged and she just disappeared. I looked all over until I was pinned to the ground.
"Gotcha." She pecked my cheek.
"You little demon." She got off and helped me up. We shared a quick kiss and walked back.
"We saw that, Crescent." LJ smirked.
"You saw nothing yet." I shot back, stabbing my sickles into a tree.
We all returned back to the mansion until Jeff stopped me in the doorway.
"We have a problem, proxy."
"What's up?"
"We've been watched."
"Where is he?"
"Captured. But there was another one who escaped and is probably in Hell right this moment."
Meanwhile in Hell...
Zalgo's POV
"Father, they're gearing up."
"Any problems?"
"Well, my other was captured. I told you she was not ready for this."
"She will be. In due time." (A/N SHE?!)
Interrogation...
Crescent's POV
Let's make this kill early.
I looked in the cage to see a little girl. Clearly around Sally's age, she had a bullet wound in the side of her head, she wore a purple dress, covered in blood and had a teddy bear.
"Wait, I know her." X internally said.
"You sure?"
"Positive."
Something's got The Executioner spooked.
"X, you OK?"
"Yeah. Just scared out of my mind here." Yeah he's spooked.
"Hi sweetie, what's your name?"
"S-s-Sarah." Oh no, that's why X is scared, his greatest failure as a killer is back from the dead. As a Zalgoid.
"I thought she was dead. I heard the trigger being pulled. I buried her body. Her death scarred me to death." X internally whispered.
"Now, she's back from the dead. Sweetie, do you know where you are?"
"I-I d-don't know." She's scared. I don't buy it.
"Your inside a cage. As our prisoner."
"I-i'm sorry. I'm so scared right now."
"Cut the act. Why were you stalking us?" Looks like she's gonna die, I don't care if she's scared or not, she's gonna die.
"I-I d-don't know." Tears started to fall from her eyes.
"Cut the act!" I pulled out my sickles, ready to kill. She looked terrified that time.
"Crescent, let me out, you're going to scare her even more."
"Fine. You're good as dead." I turned into the good cop, The Executioner.
The Executioner's POV
"Sarah, sweetie, do you remember me? I saved your life."
"I remember." She wiped her bloodied eyes.
"This is what you've become?"
"He told me he can give me an escape."
"An escape?" Zalgo.
"Yes." She shuddered, probably from Crescent.
"You don't have to live like this. We can give you a new life, free from him."
"X, don't do it. Something's wrong." Crescent internally said.
"I'm sorry I have to do this." And just like that, stabbed. By my own weapon, when I buried her.
I saw a pale figure as I passed out.
(A/n OK, just to recap, Sarah is the little girl who X tried to save but ended up dead. What happens next?)