Chapter 1 - Never

Start from the beginning

- Hey H! Could you please pick me up today? I really wanted to talk to you before school, it's important.

Repling with a simple "yeah, meet you in your house in 15", I left my room and went to the kitchen, giving my mom a kiss and George, Alix's dad, a small nod and a smile as to say "goodmorning", I prepared a bowl of cereal and sat at the table where Alix stood eating yogurt and texting frantically on her phone  with a serious look on her face murmuring something to herself. I studied her for 2 minutes before she matched my gaze and raised an eyebrown. Sexy. She looked at me with her bright green eyes, squinting them in a questioning manner while I subconsciously bit my lip.

- "What is it? Why are you looking at me like that?"

- "Like what?" I answered.

- "Like I am some kind of food?"

- "You wish I wanted to eat you princess... I wouldn't even need to bring any milk to the bedroom to eat your cereals, because after a few minutes of eating them you would be the one giving me the milk and I wouldn't even need to ask for it". I whispered so only the two of us could hear. What a stupid fucking pick up line Harley...

Alix chocked on her yogurt and slapped my face so hard that my head did a 90° going right.

- "Ouch! What the fuck Alix!"

George and mom came running out of the kitchen and just stood a few feet away watching us without moving for a second. Alix stood up looking mad, grabbed her purse and lookind me directly in the eye, she said:

- "I don't know who you take me for, but I'm not one of those." And she hurried to leave, slamming the front door on her way out.

Mom and George followed her with their eyes and then turned to me. I admit, maybe I had crossed a line, been a bit harsh, and honestly playing it back to myself in my head, childish and disgusting and, she is right, she is not one of "those" as she said, by that she meant the girls I fuck and dump. If I didn't have so much pride and a burning hate for thinking of her ever being right instead of me, I would have apologised but we both knew that was not going to happen.

I realized Mom and George were still looking at me expecting an explanation when the front door slammed again and Alix got in looking around the room and ignoring us. She had swollen and puffy eye bags, weird... wait! Was she crying? Did I make her cry? Fuck! I don't particularly like her, but I don't want to make her cry either, hell, I don't want anything in this world to ever make her sad to that point, just thinking about it makes me weirdly nauseous.

Oh shit, fuck, shit, fucking shit, shitting fucking fuck fucker, I like her. I actually might care about her and her feelings. This can't be happening, I never got feelings for anyone, I don't do feelings. Ok, it's ok. I just have to fix this, I am going to fix this, I can stop feeling this if I want to.

As I was wide eyed lost in my toughts, Alix came towards the table only sparing me a small glance of hurt and anger with her red puffy eyes, making a slight pain sudently hit my chest. She picked up her phone from the table, turning to our parents before moving to leave again.

"I forgot my phone, have to go or I'll miss the bus."

And right after before Alix could leave once again, her dad did the huge mistake of asking the only thing neither one of us wanted to hear in that moment, probably for different reasons.

- "When are the two of you going to get along? You're sisters for crying out loud!"

Alix looked at her dad, then me for a second and back at her dad, her stare turned cold and she just angrily spat out:

- "Never! And she is not my sister, I hate her more than anyone in this world." And she left, slamming the door once again.

When she said she hated me and I heard truth in her voice I felt like I died a bit inside. After breathing deeply, I just stood up and, without saying a word, picked up my things and headed outside. I sat in my new black
IRON 883 Harley without diverting my gaze from my hands and sighed accepting my unexpected weird newfound feelings for her and deciding I would do nothing about them, just try and forget I had ever felt them.

"Never." I whispered to myself before I put on my helmet and started driving to Liam's.

------------------

Harley Stevens

Alix Mayer