- the end -

Tomoka POV

Being here at the shrine really calmed me down but then again my life is coming to an end soon.
My family wouldn't want to hear me saying these things which is why I have decided to keep it to myself.

I walked out of my room and decided to go outside and talk with everyone I have missed from the time I was separated from them.
Although I have been separated from my family for 1 year it feels like I have been here since the beginning.

When I arrived outside of the living room I heard everyone talking about how they'll help me.
I smiled to myself before I decided to teleport to my old home where my father and brother currently resides with the kids I used everything to take care of.
I went into my home and looked for my father and brother.

Before I could take a step though,I was greeted by Tsukki,the eldest of the kids.
I smiled at him and opened my arms for him to run into while I braved myself for the impact.
While hugging me,he started crying which attracted the attention of the other kids and my father and brother.
Before I knew it I was attacked with hugs and was bombarded with questions that even I didn't know how to answer them.

I just smiled before I hugged them all back.
The hug was short yet filled with love.
The love of a mother and the love of a daughter.
When they let go I told them why I came here.
Which was that I was going to die soon.

"CUT THE BULLSHIT! YOU'RE NOT DYING!"-Father
"I'm sorry to say but this time I'm serious. Sooner or later the council members will find me and take me for breaking the contract."
Silence took over the room but as time passes the silence was soon replaced with the sounds of crying.
While they were crying I drank the tea that they oh so kindly offered to me.

Being the person that I was I just drank the tea until they stopped crying.
When they stopped I sighed before standing up and hugging them with everything I had to give.
Before I pulled away and smiled at them.
I stood up again before bidding farewell to them.
"Goodbye kids...father. Makoto."
Before I disappeared from their life forever.

I teleported myself to the underworld more specifically in front of the council members.
"I've arrived."
"...good. We shall start the execution tomorrow."-council
I nodded slowly before two guards took me away.

-at the shrine-

'Where the fuck is she?'-Tomoe
Tomoe searched in every room before arriving at Tomoka's room where he found a letter folded and wrapped neatly with a red ribbon.
Tomoe carefully took it before he opened it and read it.

Dear person,
Whoever you are which most probably is Tomoe,I'm sorry to say this through a letter but I have decided to turn myself in to the council. I'm sorry for doing this without telling anyone,but I do not want to burden my family or the people I hold dear to me anymore. I have lived for more than a thousand years and I shall live a thousand more in your hearts. I killed the people I held dear to me because of the decisions I made and I shall not live through the guilt again if I was the cause of someone else's death in the shrine and my home. To my family,as my last message from me to you.
I love each and everyone of you. And when the time comes where one shall give birth please tell them that I,Tomoka,the vessel of the nine tailed fox was their aunt. And that I'm sorry I couldn't live to see the day of their birth. Finally to Tomoe,please just marry Nanami and I apologise in advance that I couldn't attend your wedding. And to Mizuki,I'm sorry that I'm only saying this now and through a letter. I love you. Pathetic I know but thank you for everything,for being there while Takashi and Tomoe couldn't. I love you very much. I don't have much time,by the time you've read this I've most likely have been put into jail and will be executed tomorrow for betraying the council. Take care everyone and don't forget me! Or else I'll come haunt your dreams!
Sincerely,
Tomoka.

After reading the letter I ran to the living room and let everyone read the letter while tears were rolling down my cheeks.
"I can't believe she didn't tell us!"-Tomoe
"There's no way she'd do this without telling me!"-Takashi
Looking over to Mizuki I saw tears rolling down his cheeks before he stood up and left to his room.
I cried along with everyone.

Mizuki PoV

I went to Tomoka's room before laying down in her futon,inhaling the scent that was left behind.
"I love you too Tomoka...why'd you have to be this way?...always leaving me behind...please come back...."
I cried and cried until no tears came out.
Wait...if the execution isn't tonight and is tomorrow like Tomoka said then...we might be able to save her!

I ran out and apparently I wasn't the only one with the same idea because everyone joined in saying they'll help Tomoka.
Mika told us that saving her wouldn't be easy.
I know,but if it was for the love of my life I would risk it.
Apparently the council will take her somewhere no one will know.
And I'd like to prove him wrong and that we will find them.

Before we know it everyone was out and about looking for Tomoka.
By the time we found out the destination Tomoka would be executed it was dawn and the place was surrounded by soldiers.
Oddly enough,none of them fought us but just guide the way to Tomoka.
When we arrived we were met with the sight of Tomoka lying on her back on a tree stump with a knife pierced through her heart.
Devastating news was brought to us by one of the soldiers.
Apparently he was a student of Tomoka and that he was here to deliver a message from her to us.
While crying he started telling us the message
"She's sorry she lied even through a letter but it had to be done because she didn't want anyone of you getting hurt so she lied about the time of her execution...she also said to forgive her and live happily with your lives..."

That was enough to send everyone crying before the soldier came over to me.
He patted my back before he gave me a box.
"It's her belongings she wanted everyone to have to remember her. I'm sorry for your loss..."
Before he left to go back to the council.

I opened the box only to cry again.
It was everyone she took secretly...
There was a picture of everyone before I took them all out and at the very bottom of the box was a red ribbon.
Confused I took it out before it was set on fire and became a string of red fire wrapping around my wrist.
Everyone looked amazed at such flames before the flames bursted and separated into tiny specks of light floating around us.

As if she was here. We heard her voice saying goodbye.
She knew this would happen and took the punishment herself.
I will not argue with her.
I trust her and I shall see her when she comes back into another life.
I have lived for a thousand years and I shall live for a thousand more for her to be by my side again.

The string around my arm soon became a permanent mark.
And soon a hundred years has passed.
And I am here alone with Takashi and Mika seeing as Tomoe and Nanami chose the human life.
While watering the plants I felt a slight sting on my wrist only to find the red staring gone.
Confused I pulled my sleeve up to find it but none...soon enough I heard footsteps coming up the stairs to the shrine.
I looked up only to see a girl carrying a small cat smiling while holding a red ribbon.

I ran to her.
With everything I got.
I ran and ran.
She put the cat down before running to me.
We both hugged each other like there was no tomorrow and didn't let go.
"I missed you."
"I know."
I felt her smile through the hug.
I pulled away before leaning in to kiss her.
I felt sparks flying through my whole body as I kissed the girl in front of me.
After pulling away I leaned my forehead to hers before asking.
"What took you so long."
"My memories...I got them not too long ago thanks to foxy."
I smiled before kissing her again.