Prince Adam

Adam laughed at her as he saw the small rose she held in her fragile hands, "What kind of joke is this?" He asked her, "Is this all you have?" The old woman rose her head a little to look at him, and nodded her head at his question.

Prince Adam scoffed at her response and shook his head. He looked at her and made a double check. She had a huge black, torn cloak over her old torn clothes. Her hair was all over the place and smelt bad. Adam scrunched up his nose at her body odour.

"Why should I help you?" The prince asked the old woman with an evil laugh and smirked. The old woman shuddered at him and spread her hands in front of him begging for him to help her, "Please, please help me. Help me!"

"I won't be getting any benefit from saving an old, ugly woman like yours. No one wants an ugly woman in their house, do they?" Adam bent down at her level and asked her with a laugh, shaking his head at her.

"Do they?" He stood up abruptly as he turned around and asked the guests loudly. "Answer me!" He shouted at them and they immediately nodded their head at him as an answer.

Lumière and Madame Garderobe were scarred at their Prince's behaviour as they knew how much he despised ugly and poor people. Let alone this woman had interrupted his highness's annual party. They knew how quickly the things would get out of hands. The environment was silent and the temperature had dropped considerably low.

The Prince walked in a circle as he placed a finger on his chin, his stance in a thinking demeanour. He circled around her and looked at his guests, "What shall we do about her? Tell me, my people." He asked them as he looked at the old woman with disgust.

Mrs. Potts hugged Chip in her arms, as Chip was terrified of the thunder and lightning. She looked at Adam with concern in her eyes, as he had the habit of overdoing things. She looked at Lumière and nodded at him to do something but, Lumière was helpless as no one could ever his Highness from doing what he wanted. Mr. Cogsworth stepped forward upon seeing the distress among the guests. He spoke softly, "Your Highness, I think you should just let her in, in the servant's cottage. She just needs a place for the night." But, before he could speak further on, Adam snapped his fingers and shook his head, "No, no Cogsworth. We can't let her off so easily." He smirked at him sideways, "After all, she had the audacity to stop my annual party."

Madame Garderobe gasped at this, as she knew that this meant the inhumane insult. She shook her head at Lumière and looked at him for help. Lumière was about to walk over to Prince Adam when, Adam bent down in front of the old woman and extended his hand for her.

The time stopped for everyone as it was the first time, Prince Adam had held his hand out to help someone as, he was arrogant and unkind. It was pin drop silence in the ballroom as everyone waited for the old woman to place her hand in his. The old woman smiled at him, and slowly placed her fragile palm in his hand.

Adam helped her stand slowly, waiting for her to take her time. As she finally stood up, Adam bowed down in front of her in regards. The woman gave him a weak smile and turned around as he walked her.

"Would you mind giving me that rose, my lady?" Adam asked her softly. She nodded at him slowly and placed her other hand inside her cloak to retrieve the rose. Adam smiled widely at her as he took the rose from her hands. He held in his other hand, while the other hand escorted the old woman.

They walked slowly towards the door and as they reached the main gate, Adam turned towards her and said, "My lady, this is where you will be living."

The old woman in confusion looked around the surroundings, only to find the chilling atmosphere of the night and the garden outside the castle. She turned towards Adam to find him smirking, "Where, my prince?" she asked him.