o n e

v o t e a n d   c o m m e n t ! !
* * *

    Cassie's eyelids crept open as her dream finally faded to nothing, her heart still quite uneasy. After sleepily blinking away the remnants of it though, a sudden rush of fear coursed through her as it dawned on her that she had no clue where she was. She jolted upright from her spot on the floor, looking around frantically, and in doing so, she felt that one of her wrists was being restrained.

    She was handcuffed to a radiator.

    At this, her heart started to pound furiously in her chest, and her eyes began brimming with tears.

    She had been abducted.

    She tried her hardest to remember how this happened to her in the first place, but her mind was seemingly too clouded to even come up with a clear thought. Her anxiety did this often, it would leave her delirious and hopeless.

    She had been abducted on the way home..

    By a boy with wings..

    No, that was just a dream.

    She pushed the thought firmly to the back of her mind, and instead focused all her attention on planning her escape.

    "You're awake," a soft male voice spoke suddenly, causing her to frantically back up against the wall. Since he was standing against the light, she couldn't quite make out his features, but his silhouette suggested that he was very lean and muscular. He sauntered over to her and crouched down to her level, causing her to become even more frantic and to yank on her handcuffed wrist to distance herself from him.

    "It's okay, I'm not going to hurt you," he uttered softly, placing a Panda Express take out box in front of her. With him being so close, she now had a clear view of his face, and as she stared into his bright blue eyes, she felt comfortable believing him.

    But of course, she didn't.

    "Shit," he swore quietly when his eyes landed on the reddening skin on her wrist from her constant thrashing. He moved quickly and fished out the key from his pocket, freeing her hand from the cold metal piercing her skin.

    "I'm Will," the blond haired boy offered warmly as she wrung her fingers around her wrist, soothing the skin there. She appreciated his act of kindness, but was absolutely perplexed by it at the same time.

    "Why am I here? What do you want from me?"

"That.. is a very long story."

    "Why the fuck is she not handcuffed?" A deep voice entering the room bellowed, causing her heart to pound harder than ever. Her eyes reluctantly peered over at the source of the sound and soon landed on a very muscular figure walking towards them. Once her eyes traveled from the very strong, and not to mention handsome, features on his face up to a very familiar set of cold dark eyes, everything fell into place.

    It's him.

    The winged boy in her dreams.

    "She needs to eat, Luke," Will answered calmly, surprising Cassie with just how fast he came up with an excuse. If she was going to be completely honest though, Will's voice sounded so far away at that moment, for as much as she'd hate to admit it, she was too lost in the dark eyes that were staring back at her.

    "Last time I checked, it's kinda possible to eat with one hand," Luke replied coldly, coming incredibly close to her face as he grabbed her wrist, causing her to tense up and push herself further back against the wall. She bravely held his gaze though as he roughly placed the handcuff back on, and once he was gone, she scolded her fluttering heart mercilessly.

* * *

    It was nearly midnight when Will found himself crouching down beside Cassie's sleeping figure with his own blanket in his arms, feeling himself freeze at the sight of her delicate features.

    He found her absolutely beautiful, he admitted to himself.

    Once he caught her trembling again though, he gently laid the blanket on top of her, but as soon as it made contact with her skin, her tired eyes shot open, and her once relaxed features became tense and uneasy once again.

    "Shit, sorry, you were shivering," he explained, feeling terrible to have frightened her and also to have disrupted her peaceful sleep. At this, he saw her soft features relax and be overtaken by a wary but grateful smile. This admittedly warmed his heart. He offered her a small smile of his own, and soon after, began to stand from his position.

    "Wait," Cassie cried, halting his actions by gently capturing his hand with her own. He felt himself melt under her touch, but she let go too quickly, and began to shakily tuck a loose strand of her soft wavy brown locks behind her ear. "Can you please tell me why I'm here?"

    "Of course, uhm, I guess we have to start from the beginning."

    "Okay let's start, so there's this guy, Lucifer. You know Lucifer right? Ruler of hell, demon overlord or some shit. Well, you see, Lucifer wasn't always a demon. Believe it or not, he was actually an angel once, a very powerful one, an archangel. Archangels are the most powerful class of angels, they basically rule over heaven. There were four of them; Michael, Raphael, Gabriel.. and Lucifer."

    "Well, Lucifer being Lucifer didn't like sharing the throne with the other three archangels, so he planned to kill them. Unfortunately, he did manage to kill one of them, Michael. Lucifer knew that killing Michael was the only thing he really needed to do, because, you see, when an archangel dies, the light power of that archangel will be absorbed by the creature who killed that archangel."

    "Lucifer knew that. He knew that if he absorbed the light power of just one archangel, he could kill the other two with ease, but before Michael could take his last breath, he crossed realms. There are three realms: heaven, earth and hell."

    "Michael crossed in the hopes of transferring his power to a human. He thought that it was the best thing to do, given his power was not safe to transfer to any supernatural creature at that moment, and where Michael crossed, there was a cute little 4 year old girl skipping around. After that, Lucifer was sent to hell by Raphael and Gabriel."

    "This is where I start to explain us. You see, Lucifer tried to escape once. He wanted to find you, to absorb your light power and get his revenge, and when he finally found a way to open the gates of hell, a few of us escaped as well. When Lucifer finally tried to take a step out though.. he couldn't. It was then he realized that Raphael and Gabriel made sure he could not leave hell, and he was pissed to say the least."

    "You see, Luke is a very high ranking demon, he isn't like me. He's still connected to Lucifer somehow, through this mark on his forearm, which is why, fast forward 4 years later, which was recently, Lucifer was able to give Luke and several other demons some creepy mental message. He said something along the lines of, "find her, blah blah blah, who ever brings her to me will be granted my permission to stay there on earth, the rest will be sucked back in here."

    "And since we don't trust Lucifer, and we don't want any harm to come to you, we're going to protect you, and in return, we want you to activate your light power and remove Luke's mark."