Eighteen

~ Third Person P.O.V. ~

The Berg landed at another WICKED facility, unknowingly to the Gladers and Group B that this was the original building where they all began their first trials as children. When the Berg hatch opened, Newt lead (y/n) down, surrounded by other Gladers and Group B members walking on their own or helping others. Many scientists and nurses came rushing out, all carrying stretchers and one had a wheelchair. Newt put (y/n) in the chair, grimacing as she winced, holding her side. A long bruise stretched from her hip to under her right arm. Newt ran along the chair as she was wheeled into the building, her hand in his as he panted out how he wouldn't leave her. (y/n)'s eyes fluttered and closed when they reached a set of metal doors. Newt was pulled away from (y/n). 

"Wait, no, I need to stay with her! I need to make sure she is okay!" Newt fought against the two people holding him, beginning to cry. "I need to see her! Please!" Newt watched as (y/n) was taken around a corner and then she disappeared. When she was gone, he slackened. Two nurses led him into an area where he could see her through a glass and it brought him back to the dream he had of her when they got separated before they both went into the Maze. That seemed to be like it was ages ago. 

Newt watched the doctors work on (y/n) and her injuries with tired eyes as his own injuries were patched and taken care of. When they finished their check up on Newt, the nurses left. Newt stood, walking to the glass, taking in every move the doctors made. Newt clenched his fist as she was injected with something- likely pain medicine. He didn't even know what to think, all he could hope was that (y/n) was okay. He placed a hand to the glass, watching as they moved her limp limbs. Newt growled under his breath, thinking that WICKED better hope their trials didn't kill (y/n), or they were going to have a riot on their hands.

Original Publish Date: November 12, 2017