Ten

~ (y/n)'s P.O.V. ~

When Tommy and I were halfway down the steps we could hear the shouts of the Gladers, and the many shouts they got back from unknown people. At the bottom of the steps, we could see the Gladers were pushed into a circle surrounded by who I could only assume was Jorge's men. I winced as the yells got louder. Tommy stopped the both of us, then took in a breath.    

"Hey! All of you dumb shanks! Calm down!" Most everyone went quiet, looking to us. The tight circle of Jorge's men loosened. 

"Hey, Thomas and (y/n) is back!" I looked around, scanning all of the people, part of me wondering where they came from while Tommy and I had been gone. 

"Jorge said we could stay, but he would like to speak with Brenda." A girl with short, brown hair stormed passed us from the circle before anyone could say anything else. Tommy and I moved forward again and Jorge's men dispersed. From the group of Gladers, Newt ran to us, grabbing at me. I let out a surprised laugh as he pulled me to his chest. 

"You're okay!" Newt dipped down, kissing my nose. I smiled.

"Yeah, I'm okay. I may not be able to walk but I'll can still kick ass if I need to, which I didn't need to, but if I had to, I could've." Newt barked out a small laugh. 

"I know." I smiled up at him, before looking down. 

"Can we sit? My leg is killing me." Newt nodded, leading me to a wall to sit against. Once I was sitting, Newt sat down beside me and Tommy slowly joined us. 

"What'd you guys talk about up there?" I looked down at my lap for a moment, feeling a slight ache in Jorge's words, though I knew he was only trying to get to me. 

"He wanted to know why we came here, how we got here. We told him about WICKED, the trials and stuff." Tommy kept quiet as Newt looked at him.

"Okay, well I'm glad nothing went too bady." Newt grabbed my hand, running a finger over my knuckles. "In that storm we lost a few people..." His voice was a murmur as I looked to him, wide-eyed. Newt told me about losing Justin, Alec, and Scott. A sinking feeling came to my stomach. I hadn't known them as well as others, but they were still family. "And... Clint got hit. He isn't doing so well. Jeff is trying, but... I just thought you should know, in case..." Newt frowned, looking away from me. I felt the tears come to my eyes, an ache hitting me

In front of us, someone cleared their throat. I looked up in surprise, blinking away the tears to look at a girl with blonde hair and strikingly familiar blue eyes. 

"We were giving everyone food, and I noticed you guys were hurt so I decided I can bring you food and medical help. I'm one of the medics here." I nodded, a small smile coming to my face as she put a metal tray on my lap. On it were three bowls of beans and glasses of water and some fruit. She slipped off a bag from her shoulder as she knelt in front of me first. Both Newt and Tommy grabbed their bowls and water as the girl pulled out medical supplies. 

"My name is Delilah by the way. I'm going to start with you first because I'm also going to rebandage your leg, your hands, then I'll do the scratches, then I'll help you." Delilah pointed to Tommy, who paused in eating his beans to give Delilah a thumbs up. 

"I'm (y/n). This is Newt, and that's Thomas, but I call him Tommy." I gestured to both Newt and Tommy. Delilah smiled, pulling out a small brown bottle, shaking it before opening it. 

"Hi Tommy, Newt." Delilah turned her attention to me. "This may hurt, but it's just to clean your leg." I nodded as Delilah pulled a small rag out of her bag, pouring some of the liquid from the bottle onto it, then she moved to reclean my leg. I clenched at Newt's hand from the light sting of my injury as she cleaned. When Delilah finished, she put on a ointment, working slowly, then she rebandaged my leg. When Delilah tucked in the end of the bandage, she smiled up at me, and I felt like all air had left my lungs. My mind flashed back to Ben's sketchbook that was in my bag. Delilah's smile matched the drawing of Lea's almost exactly. The only thing different about Delilah was her face shape and her nose was more pointed. 

Delilah's smile fell as she looked to me. "Is the bandage too tight?" I shook my head quickly. 

"No. Everything is fine."

~ Thomas' P.O.V. ~

It's been an hour since we met Delilah. All three of us had been patched up, and now Delilah was patching up Adam while laughing with Dan. After Delilah left, (y/n) had spoken in a whisper to Newt something about Ben. He had looked to Delilah, then nodded his head, telling her to not to worry about it. Soon after that, (y/n) had fallen asleep, head against Newt's shoulder. 

"What really happened up there?" Newt's voice was hushed. 

"What?" I looked from Delilah to Newt in confusion. 

"I saw how you looked away when (y/n) told me what happened with Jorge." 

"She wasn't wrong." Newt nodded. 

"Maybe so, but I know (y/n) and I know something is bothering her. What did Jorge say to you guys, or more specifically, her?" I shifted, looking away again.

"It went exactly how she told you, but towards the end of our conversation, he... basically called her a dead weight. Tried to make her doubt herself." Newt frowned, an angry scowl coming across his face. 

"Why in the bloody hell would he tell her that?" Newt's voice had raised slightly. (y/n) stirred, then stilled in her sleep again. I shrugged at him. 

"I told him off, said she was family and we needed her. She seemed to appreciate it, but he brought you into the mix, so I'm not sure how that'll play in her mind." Newt sighed, anger fading as Delilah passed us, moving to get more supplies for the medics working on Clint. 

"I hope she doesn't think about it too much. I know how she gets when she starts to beat herself up over stuff. I love her too much to see her like that." I nodded, leaning against the wall as I watched Dan tell a joke to Delilah in passing. 

"I know."  I thought of Teresa as Delilah laughed. I wondered where she could be right now. I briefly tried to reach her with my mind, like we used to in the Maze, but I was met with nothing. "I know." I repeated, feeling an ache at the silence in my head. 

Original Publish Date: June 9, 2017