Idiot||James Potter

During potions you had noticed James seemed extra excited about something and when the class ending he ran out quickly, leaving his textbook behind. Sirius hadn't been there today and Remus was too focused on his book to notice anything. "Hey Remus," you started, catching his attention as you picked up the textbook. "Good book?" You glanced at the back before looking back towards Remus who had a shy smile. "Yeah, it's the one you told me to read, actually." It was your turn to smile as you began to walk out the class. "Tell me what you think when you finish it." It took you less time than expected to get to James' room. You knocked on the door and heard a faint "come in" from inside. You pushed the door open to reveal James on his bed, holding a basket of assorted pastries and desserts. "Is that what you were so excited about?" James jumped, and moved to hide the basket behind his back as you tossed the book on his bed. "What do you mean?" He asked with a sheepish smile as he reached to fix his glasses. You just raised an eyebrow at him. "You ran out of potions really fast, that's your textbook by the way." James just nodded. After an awkward silence you turned to leave but you were stopped by a gentle grip on your arm. "Hold on." You went to turn back around but James cut you off. "Wait, close your eyes." You obliged as you turned so your body faced the inside of the room. There was some shuffling and crinkling before you heard James make his way back over to you. "Okay, you can look now." You opened your eyes to see James holding a gift basket with all your favorite snacks, pastries, and desserts with a sheepish smile. "Aww James. What's this for?" You asked as your face broke out into a grin. "I just wanted to thank you for being my friend, and always being there even though I'm an idiot. I wanted you to know I love and appreciate you." James told you, as he places the basket in your hands. You put the basket down next to you and pulled James into a tight hug. "You are an idiot sometimes. But you're my favorite idiot."