Butterflies

Julian's POV

I lay out in my beach chair, relaxing. It was sunny and warm today, the perfect day for the beach. Jordan was up getting us something to drink. I look out on the waves coming in on the seashore. I smile, remembering the time I went to the beach with Madison when we were teenagers.

"Ahh! No No! Don't!" I laugh as Madison splashes water on me

"Its your fault for standing so close to both me and the water!" she says

I kick some her way and laugh as she stands there half glaring/half smiling at me.

"You suck. You know that right?" she says

"Yeah." I nod

I walk back over to my towel and sit down on it

"I can't believe you leave for college next week. I'm glad we could hang out some though."

"I know. I'm gonna miss you guys so much." she says

"We're gonna miss you too. Don't worry though. I'm sure you'll have a great time. You can still call and text me too so. We'll stay in touch."

"I know. But I won't get to see you and mom everyday. That'll be tough to get used to." she says

I scoot closer to her and giver her a hug.

"Just cause you're leaving, doesn't mean that we love you any less."

"Same here. I will never stop loving you guys. Both of you."

I smile and look off at the bright sunlit beach.

"C'mon. Lets go have some fun before we have to head home." I say, getting up and running towards the water.

I'm broken from my thoughts as Jordan returns with our drinks.

"Thanks. I was just thinking."

"About what?" he asks

"The time my sister and I went to the beach together. We had so much fun when we were teenagers."

I close my eyes for a second. I hear the rushing of the waves and feel the soft ocean breeze. I hear Jordan start laughing.

"What?" I ask without opening my eyes

He keeps laughing

"What what is it?"

"I guess butterflies like you." he says, chuckling

I open my eyes and see a butterfly sitting on my nose.

"Oh hi little fella!" I say, chuckling

The butterfly flies off. Jordan and I laugh. I've never had that happen before. I always loved butterflies and we released some at our wedding. I wonder, could that be one of the ibes we released? Probably not but that would be amazing if so.