Silence and Secrets Part 2

Julian's POV

"Now, the password?" she says

"I swear I don't know it!"

"You've been going on about this for at least 2 hours. I will get it out of you eventually." She says

"I DONT KNOW IT! YOU COULD SCAN MY BRAIN FOR HEAVENS SAKE! IT'S NOT THERE I WAS NEVER TOLD!"

She looks at me with a glare.

"Maybe it will take some, persuasion" she says

I glance up at her.

"Maybe, knowing all about your father will help."

She holds up a file that reads CLASSIFIED on the front.

"It's all in here, think it over."

She smiles and leaves. The file sitting on the floor. I collapse on the floor. I hear Madison silently crying in the room beside me. I crawl over to the wall and put my hand up against it.

"Maddie?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

"I love you too. But don't worry, we'll make it through this." I hear the slight doubt in her voice.

"I-"

"You what?" she asks

"I miss people."

"Who?"

"Mom, dad, even Jordan. He would comfort me when I was sad."

"We'll see them again. Hopefully we'll be out of here soon." She says

I yawn. It's been a long day.

"Julian."

"What?"

"Go to sleep. You're tired."

I feel my eyes start shutting. I respond with a sleepy OK and curl up in my usual corner. I pull my legs close to me to keep warm and drift off into a peaceful sleep, somewhere where I can get away from this Hell.

Jordan's POV

I walk out of my apartment and out in the hallway. Maybe Julian would up for lunch. I knock on the door, no response.

Maybe she didn't hear

I knock again, still nothing. Maybe she went out to do something with her sister, although she usually tells me if she has to go out somewhere.

I'll call her, it's possible she may have gone out.

I dial her number and wait.

"Hi! You've reached Julian's phone. I'm not available right now. Please leave a message and I'll call you right back!"

"Hey Julian, It's Jordan. just wondering if you'd like to go out to lunch or dinner today. Call me back." I hang up and gogo back into the apartment. I'll do a little recording while I wait.

~A Few Hours Later~

I glance down at my phone. No new calls, No new messages. I sigh and lean back in my chair. Perhaps she didn't see my message. I walk out to her door and knock again.

"Julian?"

No answer. I do notice that there's a slight dent in the door handle. I push on it and the door comes open. Sometimes she forgets to lock it. I walk in and the sight horrifies me. A bloody knife on the floor, broken glass everywhere with water still soaking the floor and Julian nowhere to be found. I call her phone again. I don't hear her signature ringtone at all. I call her at least 3 times while looking for her phone. I can't find it.

I go into her computer room and turn it on. Thank God it was still open. I type in phone GPS locator in the search bar and Click one of the results. I type her phone number in thethe search box and wait for it to load. The address makes my heart sink. Why did it have to be there? Isn't that the old abandoned prison over near LA? I sigh. I print the address and run out to my car.

I'm coming Julian. I'm not gonna let you die.

I speed off towards the address.

Julian's POV

"Daddy? Can we go play outside?"

"No Julian, Dads helping me with my homework. Go away pest." Madison Snaps

My dad looks at me.

"Yes. In a few minutes. Let Madison finish her homework first. Then Maybe we can go play in the woods."

"Ok Daddy!"

"No! I still have at least another page!" she says

"I think you can do that yourself. It's basic English. Now math, that's another story."

"Dad!"

"I'll tell you what, I'm gonna go out and get some milk, If you can finish your homework, you can come with us." he days

"Ok,"

My dad leaves. I didn't know then that I'd never see him again when he was well.

I startle awake. These next few days will be horrible.