Chapter - 54 Setback

Y-You gave your dream becoming a nurse?! i draw near Raika in disbelief.

"W-why?!"

She stood there for a second, walks near the window with a pained expression.

"The patient was endangered due to my inexperienced, and you were seriously injured because of that..i - i really I am sorry that it came to this..."

"Huh?!" before I can say anything Raika continues as she looks distantly outside the window.

"I'm sure...I was never suited to be a nurse in the first place..." then she looks at me with tears flowing down her cheeks.

"Raika..that was not your fault, it that lecherous geezer fault, this would not happen if that perverted old man didn't a move," I explained.

"Mina, those things are bound to happen, Whether it's intentional unintentional," she said with a sullen voice.

"W-what!? , intentional or unintentional?!" before i could blow out my top Raika walk towards me sat on my bed and held my cheeks.

"There will always be people like, there's a lot of pervert in the Vixens as well, and we were trained to handled those situations in a kind way, same here at the hospital if that kind of situation would bother me as a nurse then i might not do my job properly, hence you getting hurt..."

I try, to say something but...

"If it's my injuries, please don't let this bother you like I said none of this is your vault this was just an accident.."

(But saying that wouldn't change anything, there's no way she wouldn't worry..) I know better than anyone how kind Raika is...

I'm sure the guilt is crushing her right now...

But none of this is her fault.

I search for the right words but none came out, only platitudes come to mind...

"Raika...Is it really okay for you to give up like that?"

She stares at me and smile.

"It's fine...it was impossible after all."

Her smile is so painful it tears my heart...

Though i know i have to say something.

In the end, i can't find anything to say to her...

I just sat on my bed, clenching my fist.