Chapter 46 - Trigger

After that, we, keep on running around the hospital.

And by the time we're done, were both totally exhausted.

"Phew ~ rough first day huh, Minamino." Raika asked while walking baside me.

"You did well today, keep up the good work." she smiled.

Oh' that smile, looking at her smiling like that makes this all worth it.

"You did great, Raika. Glad i was there to see your work."

"Oh, please you're exaggerating" she blushed while she lightly punched me in my shoulder.

We talked and laugh like that while walking home to the Famille.

"As I expect, working in a hospital is really a hard work," he said while stretching up his arms.

"I know you enjoyed working there, but I'm just a bit worried you'd be overworking yourself, I kinda noticed when you came home, you always seem to look exhausted."

"Hahahaha, have you?"

"But, no matter how hard it is, I want to be a nurse," she said enthusiastically. 

"It's rough from time to time but i enjoy working there, so don't worry too much my sweet boyfriend." she smiled, then suddenly cling on my arms.

"Whoa!" caught by surprised i probably blushed so hard i feel like my head is about to explode.

"There it is, I missed your surprised reaction." she teased.

"Geez, Raika." i looked away while i feel her soft sensation in my arms.

But hearing her say that, a thought occurs to me..

"Speaking of which, Raika."

"Yeah?"

"Why did you decide that you want to be a nurse?"

"What was the trigger for that?"

"Hmnn ~ Trigger....?"

After she successfully paid for her father's expensive surgery  Is it her dream to be a nurse? i asked myself.

Then, Raika narrows her eyes as though recalling something.

"To put it bluntly, A trigger..certainly happened."

"It's a story from when i was a child, so more than 10 years ago, but..."

With that induction, she began relating the tale... 

We sat in a bench in a park near the Famille.

" My grandma really spoiled me when i was a child."

"And one day, she got sick and admitted to the hospital, her condition is becoming worse every day so she became permanently hospitalized..."

"At that day, i can't do anything, i realize how helpless i was, i wanted to be at some help to her, but..."

"I was just a kid, so i couldn't do anything.."

"Oh...." he looked at Raika solemn expression while holding her hands and squeezing it gently.

"And at that time i saw a nurse who took really good care of grandma in that hospital."

"Her white uniform shines in the sunset, smiling gently and all the while working hard for my grandmother's sake."

"She was incredibly, inspiring."