Chapter 39.1 His Strenght

Visions a bit blurry I still feel woozy after that, Raika rushes immediately to my aid.

"Mina! are you okay, you're okay right ?"

She looks worried while putting my arms around her shoulder and assist me at the near bench."

"I'm okay Raik no worries, I just got caught off guard that's all." ( well he actually did, he only gazed me but I really felt that..he's strong, but it would be a boring match if his weak) I didn't notice I was smirking which Raika noticed.

"Well, it seems that you're okay, I know that smile I've seen it before, in the bar when you rushed at that guy who held Seiko at gunpoint.."

"Oh, you notice that? ehehehehe" (at the hostess bar ..at that time I didn't even notice i was smiling.

We both heard the bell ring a signal to start the second match.

I walk towards the center mat as I walk I looked back at Raika.

"Go get him Tiger !" she smiled at him with confidence.

Her smile gives me strength and strangely calm my nerves.

I smiled back raised my hand and made a fist already proclaiming my victory.

As we both stood up face to face on the mat, my opponent must have seen my proclamation he step a bit forward as the ref is prepping for our match.

"Trying to play the cool guy in front of your girl? I love to crush that small hope of yours and beat you into pulp." He smirks.

"Let's see about that.." I simply retorted and smirked back.

"FIGHTERS READY ?!"

"FIGHT !!"

And the deciding match started.

As the referee bawl that word Minamino's opponent rush with a trap jab followed by a swift knee, but this time Mina dodge it like child's play which caught his opponent by surprise and jump out quickly like a mongoose away from a striking cobra.

The smirk on his face is now replaced with frustration and distraught.

His mad that his fighter's instinct activated with this guy whom he wiped the floor with at the first round. He jumps out like he knows that his in danger he who fought countless times he who just joined this amateur competition just to waste his Freetime but now.

His like fighting with someone who's a pro fighter like him.

He regained his composure like the pro he is and measured up again his opponent, but now his more careful than before.

(Looks like his getting serious now, he looks serious well at least this is not gonna be a boring fight.) Mina said while changing his stand in a defensive stance.

Kazu Sukabara aka "the Gracie Hunter" his fighting style is strictly focused on grappling he was known the Gracie hunter when he successively has beaten all Gracie gym fighter he comes across which he have an outstanding record in the industry and now fighting with an unknown opponent with the unknown technique in this amateur MMA competition.

Minamino Kitagami aka Perverted Introvert (according to Yomiko) whom a first timer at this kind of competition no record what so ever.But his fighting style according to him is a combination of Bajiquan and Muay Thai and he also dubbed it as a phycological way of fighting (whatever that means).

At the bench, Raika noticed the change in Minamino's movement.

(What is Mina doing? He's just standing there he was on guard before now he deliberately drops his guard and like inviting his opponent to strike him, And why did his opponent suddenly stopped his really being cautious now unlike before.)

And then...

Kazu rushes in again now more aggressive than before his attacking successively but tactically every maneuver, every punch, elbows, knees and kicks are well timed so his opponent won't don't have time to counter.

And as he believes he got Minamino cornered Mina just slipped out with ease which makes him more furious.

His anger is clouding his judgment now his more focus on just landing a hit, he charge again with a flicker jab and as he successfully predicted Mina blocked it, while on mid-block Kazu quickly shifts his body and deliver an MMA roundhouse kick which he believes successfully connected and shift his body again in mid-air to deliver a crescent kick on Mina's chin which would successfully knock Mina off but as he turned he didn't expect a cross counter.

While delivering his crescent kick Mina blocked it with his elbow using the momentum of that blocked and with an added power of his arm muscles, Mina successfully lands across counter to Kazu's jaw.

It happened in a split second and Kazu dropped like a log.

The referee ordered him to return to his corner and as the ref checked Kasu he instantly wave both of his hand signaling the match is over, Kazu was TKO'd.

"Well, that was anti-climatic," said Minamino.

Sup guys, damn work is murder I apologize (again) for the really late update I really wish I could update daily but deadline here, meeting with clients there, this Adulting is way to hard it's my first time being an adult so I'm not really used to it yet..xD 

I really appreciate you guys and I really want to make it up to you guys. Odin knows I really do. Anyway thanks for the support the votes, and to the new followers, Welcome and forgive me for not updating that much.

I have a lot of project after this series I have to finish this arc and I'll ask for your opinion guys on which arc should I write next. Look forward to more and thank you again, guys, love you all.