junhui . drabble | 1

Pairing: Junhui x R

Pairing: Junhui x R

Genre: Angst + Sch.au (only briefly mentioned, sorry Doll)

Length: 734

Drabble Prompt:

"I won't let you get hurt"

"how long have you been standing there?"

"Don't shut me out."

✖︎        ✖︎        ✖︎       ✖︎

You hate liars and he knew that very well, he is your best friend after all. 

"I won't let you get hurt." that was his promise to you and you can't believe you were stupid enough to believe him for three years. 

He couldn't be blamed for your heartbreak though, he never knew your secret. 

✖︎      ✖︎      ✖︎

Despite being good friends, you couldn't bring yourself to ever stop loving him. He had always been the pillar of support for whenever you found yourself in a bad situation, whether it be comforting you through a failed exam, always providing coffee for all-nighters and complaining about horrible teachers with, and so, the thought of a life without him scares you half to death. 

Without him, it'll be a like a world without flowers, desolate and colourless, everything that flowers represent will disappear and that's bone-chilling. There wouldn't be anything beautiful willing to chase the lonely sun and that would certainly bring about more rain than golden rays, forecasting copper floods rather than gold days. 

Considering all of this, the shock and swell emotion that engulfed you when you caught sight of him being intimate with a girl you don't know, was overwhelming. You felt as though you were drowning in the flood of tears amassing in your throat and eyes as if the sun stopped shining altogether and consequently had all the flowers bowing sorrowfully before ultimately withering away. 

Wen Junhui couldn't be blamed though, he didn't know that your entire world revolved around him.

✖︎       ✖︎       ✖︎

He is the shining sun and you were the dull moon, always overshadowed by the lively planet Earth, the beautiful girl who was able to enchant him as you waited for an eclipse. An eclipse that's supposed to have the two of you see eye to eye; an eclipse that's supposed to have him realise how 'meant to be' the two of you were; an eclipse that was supposed to deliver your destiny...an eclipse that didn't seem to ever come. 

All this time he had said that he didn't have a girlfriend but you were smarter than that, there was no way someone as enchanting as him could not have a significant other to call their own. This acknowledgement was something that you always pushed away, however, you were in denial simply because you wanted to shield yourself. 

You didn't deserve such pain, sorrow and anger. All that you've ever done was love him unconditionally, and yet, this is the fate you're met with. 

She's so beautiful...

You couldn't blame Jun for falling for her. 

✖︎       ✖︎       ✖︎

"How long have you been standing there?" he whispered with blown eyes after finally realising your presence in the room. Had he forgotten that the two of you were supposed to go out for ice cream today?...It was too late now, the skies were darkening and there was a definite chance of rain. 

Why did he ever keep this from you? It wasn't as though he needed to protect you from it; he didn't know about your love for him...

unless he knew all along...

What a liar...

You couldn't blame him though...you were always the fragile type and he knew that...

✖︎       ✖︎       ✖︎

Never in your three years of knowing and being best friends with Jun, did you ever think that one day, a locked and shut oak door would stand between either of you. 

Life had many surprises. 

"Don't shut me out!" he pleaded, punctuating his begging with hard knocks and bangs against the wooden shield you had the key to and had firmly locked.  

"Leave me alone!"

"Please, please, please!"

"No! You lied to me! I hate liars! I can't believe you knew all along and didn't tell me, and watched as I made a complete fool of myself in front of the person I love so much! Go away! I hate you!...I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!"

Repeating the phrase like a mantra, you continued for several minutes until the silence of the world dawned on you and realisation of his leaving had your heart calming down enough collapse in on itself. 

Silence...

"I hate you..."

'Fake it 'till you make it.'

You couldn't blame Wen Junhui. He was your best friend until the very end and the two of you had to move on in separate paths. Somehow, you couldn't bring yourself to ask any more from him.

The moon's unconditional love for the sun goes on.